Chapter 57 : || Jab Dil Apne Pe Aata Hai ||

Before Reading:This was not how I had planned it. It was supposed to be lighthearted and of kind. But something else happened. Sceptic about this part. Please do leave back your views/ comments even if you didn't like it. I would be happy to know.

-------------

The room was dark, the only light that entered the room was from the window and the dim lamp that illuminated the poolside. His right forearm was resting on the wall while he looked out. Tears shone in her eyes as the fear of the unknown faded away. He was alright. Strange human emotions! When a person is before us, we take him from granted and by just the thought of losing them forever we put our life on stake for them. He suddenly felt a vibe. The vibe he felt when she was around. He smiled sadly, she had now conquered his senses too. His mind and heart were already claimed.She slowly walked up to where he stood. Water dripping from her clothes, face and hair. He turned to find her standing two feet away. 

He blinked, "ANika!" her name rolled out of his lips like a beautiful prayer. She stared at him. He could not make out whether she was crying or it was the rain droplet rolling down her cheeks all the way from her head. He slowly moved the fingers of his right hand to his left forearm. He pinched himself. She was still there. She stood silently noting his actions. The only sound in the room was her rattling breaths with her chest rising and falling and his steady breaths, slowly growing out of tune.There was a sudden peace and understanding. The mere sound of her breath was bliss to his heart that slowly worked magic in relieving him of the pain. She looked at him like there was no tomorrow, no today, just that moment. She wished to remain trapped in this moment forever, looking into his eyes. She felt home. A traveller wandering through the dark jungles and scorchingly hot deserts had finally reached home! Her eyes had become accustomed to the dimly lit room, now.

"A...nika!" her name magically left his lips.She stepped closer."SHhh.."

"Meri baari..!"

"Tum." He said looking at her strangely.

She frowned slightly, stepping still closer she place her finger on his lips." Bhaut bol liya aap ne."

Her finger left his lips and her fingers now touched his cheek lovingly.

"Pehli baar jab aapko deheka thaa, tab aap ke chehre pe khoon thaa aur aap behosh. Pata nahi kyun, lekin kuch toh thaa. I've seen your worst days, can't see you like that again." She almost cried, pouring out the fear of her heart. "Aapke zindagi ke wo pane bhi jaanti hoon jo aap nahi jaante. Ek baat tay hai, aap mere liye important nahi bahut zyaada important hai. Darti hoon pyaar karne se, kyunkii..." She gulped.."Jisse pyaar kiya ussne chod diya. Aapse dhoor ho gayi naa toh main mar jaaungi. " He cupped her face as she cried, tears rolling down his own eyes. She held his hand and placed a kiss. Smiling she looked up at him, rubbing away her tears. 

"Wait" she said pulling down his hands from her face. She sat on her knees before him.

"Kabhi nahi socha thaa ye, kisi ke liye karoongi,"

"Anika you don't have to.." he siad pulling her up.