3

Jeongin's POV

I'm paralyzed when I wake up. My body too stiff to move. I'm too scared to move anyways as I can feel the immense strain on my neck.

I lifted my head. Crack. "Ahhh." I immediately retreated to the pillow. Time, all I need is time. I sat there unmoving for an hour, waiting for my body to completely wake up. I slowly lift up my head, which doesn't hurt as much anymore. I lift myself up achingly and swing my feet over the bed. I slowly fall into getting used to the pain as it eases out.  I stare at the clock to my right. 10:26 it reads.

I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and did my business. I replaced a few bandages that were soaked in blood. For painkillers, I had to head to the hospital wing as pills other thank sleeping pills, Advil, and prescribed medications are allowed in dorms. I slipped on my slippers and headed downstairs.

I went inside the the hospital which was located at the back of the dorms. The familiar room was empty with beds laid out.

"Jeonginnie, you're here again." Mr. Hwan sadly smiled.

"Yeah, I am." I felt guilt rise in me. Im always hurt. And you're always there to heal me and throw me back out into the battlefield.

"Just painkillers as usual?" He gets up from his chair to go to the medicine cabinets.

"Yeah, three of them."

"Does it hurt that much this time?" He questions since I usually ask for two.

You don't understand how much it hurts. I'm losing myself each day.

"Got a pretty big bruise on my side so yeah." It hurts just talking about it.

He collects the right bottle and poured out three white pills out. He extends his hand for me to collect them. I felt the three pills familiarly rest onto my palm. A little bit a joy rises in me. I might even be slightly addicted to them. He fills a paper cup with water and hands that to me too. I plop the pills into my mouth and finished the cup. I checked out and said goodbye to Mr. Hwan.

I walked up the steps to return to my dorm. At the end of the hall, I see chan and his friends on the other end. Woojin points at me and the rest whipped their heads towards my direction. I took off my slippers and dashed down the left hallway. Chan and his friends quickly followed. I ran all the way down with no direction. My sprint breaks me out in a sweat. I can hear them all yell out for me to stop, but I push out their pleads and continue to run.

I see the stairs that could lead to the rooftop. I stepped up two at a time as fast I could. Their yelling slowly drowned out as we slowly distance. I open the door to the rooftop. I entered the greenhouse, hoping to hide in there. I collapsed myself between the garden beds, huddling to make myself small as possible.

Calm down Jeongin. If you pant to hard, they'll hear you.

I slowed my breathing to rest and waited. I close my eyes in exhaustion. I could feel my wounds opening and my bruises pulsing again. I grip onto my side, trying to drown out the black bruise. So painful that tears come out of nowhere. I try to focus on the darkness for not being able to see. I want to disappear. I can do it right now. Just jump off the roof and en-. you can't. I quickly protest my black thoughts. You're the only son. What will your parents do when there future is destroyed because you can't move on in life?

The only reason I'm still here is because of them. They've been through mud to raise me the way I am. To give me all the possibilities to become a doctor. Every single penny was given to me. Every single meal was given to me. And if I'm gone, they'll soon follow and I can't bear to hold that responsibility.

When the pulsing aching pains subsided I open my eyes again to chan in crouching in front of me. I'm too tired to react and let myself return to him. He picks me up and slams me onto the concrete floor. I grab my sides as the pains return. "You thought I wasn't going to be able to find you huh? Well listen, I practically own this school from all the money my family puts into it. I know every inch of this campus so don't you think you'll be-"

"STOP!" I cry out. Thinking about my parents was a bad idea. I can't control my emotions now. "Please...please...I'm begging you please..." I cover my face as my sobs muffle my voice. "Just end...it already, I...I can't do this..." I sit up and leaned against one of the garden beds. All the memories of my parents and my suffering play like a movie in my head. The amount of fake smiles my parents give to me to reassure me. The amount of times they skip meals and starve themselves just for me to be able to have three meals a day. Can't he just pity me? Can't he just understand for one second?

Ying and yang doesn't exist in my world. The darkness and unfair always dominate my mind. The small light I hold onto finally disappear today and it's shatters. You won. You finally won I say to it. It greedily fills my body. It becomes thick and as large as the sea. I fall and drown into it.

What happened to Chan? He used to be a caring brother and that was the only reason I still play into his games. I hoped for the day for him to return to that youthful happy glow when he was around me. The day he'll come to me with open arms. But now I give up. He's not changing.

"Haven't you had enough Chan?"

Silence

I see his feet unmoving.

I can feel the snot and and saliva flood my face. I slowly move my shaking hands away from my face. I want to show him what he has done to his broken toy. When I meet his graze, it's expressionless. His eyes seem cloudy when he stares back.

"Please...disappear for...me." He simply walks out of the green house. I can hear the door to the main building close.

I'm yet again. Alone.

A/N

I guess this chapter was a little bit more satisfying as Jeongin finally breaks. Wow, what I just wrote sounds terrible. Not many people are reading this book yet and I kind feel discourage right now since I work harder on this book than 'Petals'. Let's hope I get new readers soon! Also, what are your thoughts on Jeongin and Chan on this chapter. Love to see you guys discussing about it!

Thank you for reading! - マイ☆彡