13

"I like you."

Chan's eyes flashed. They flicked and flicked. Blinking repetitively. "What?" He questioned. What do you mean? "I like you. As in a romantic.. way." Jeongin's face bloomed like fresh roses. He keeps focus on Chan though. Trying to read his expression. "Okay." Chan responded back awkwardly. Chan doesn't realized it but his cheeks reflected off of the younger. His heartbeat popped out from his cheeks and tickled and rippled throughout his body. His words and breath caught up in his throat and he felt as though he was floating on clouds.

"Do you like me ba-."

"Let me gets some air." It's so suffocating. I can't think straight.

He closes the sliding door behind him and ran. Ran out the hospital, wasting no time to take the stairs. He soon reached to the garden courtyard. Cherry blossoms flow through and perfectly trimmed hedges. He sat down on the bench as his legs suddenly felt weak. He took a long sigh out. And screamed.

He collapsed onto the park bench and profusely kicked to the skies. "Ahhhhh!!!" He likes me. What do I do? How does this work out? Wait. What about Yeji? I don't really like her. Should I break up for him. Hold on wait. WHAT? HE LIKES ME?!

Scenarios and other thoughts rushed through his head at the same time, not being able to comprehend what just happened. Does he like him again? Will he say yes? His mind is so messed that basic functions such as eyesight and hearing don't work.

"HEY!" Chan jumps from his seat to see a patient a little older than him. The boy sighed and took deep breaths in and out comes a pleasant smile. "There aren't any other benches available around here. Mind if I sit next to you?" Chan slowly process the information. "O-oh of course."

The boy takes at seat and turns over to Chan. "You were in a trance a second ago. You good?" He questioned. "Yeah I'm fine, I'm sorry just... daydreaming." He responds. "That was some daydream you had there. You kicking in the air and waving around like you just got sprayed by roach spray was certainly something." Chan couldn't hide his already deep blush. "Ah, well. Someone was on my mind."

The boy stares but understands. We all have that one person. "Well that person must be really special then. I bet that person would be so happy to have someone thinking about them like that."

"Yeah..." real happy.

"I'm Woojin by the way. Kim Woojin." Woojin extends his right arm for a handshake. Chan takes it while his hands are absolutely consumed by Woojin's. "You know, I have a person waiting for me outside this hospital as well. He's been waiting for awhile and I miss him dearly."

"That's great. You'll be out soon, right?" Chan pats his back.

"Ahh. I wish that was the case...." a long pause between the boys drift. " cancer finds its ways in the most beautiful of moments doesn't it..." Chan felt horrible for bringing up something so dark. "I'm so sorry." He whispered out. The air felt heavy quickly.

"It's fine. Really. I don't have anymore family but I got him, and that's all I need. As long as I can stay strong in this long painful battle, I'll live to tell the tale to my future kids as well. I learned while being trapped here that you need to always find hope in the most smallest glimmer of a long shadow. If you don't, you'll only collapse yourself before the sickness does." A smile creeps up into Woojin's face just from thinking about the boy. "He visits me everyday here anyways. We'll always talk about our future and what we plan on doing outside of here. I can't wait for that life."

Chan's eyes light up. "Thank you so much." Woojin shifts his eyebrows. "For what?" Chan holds dearly to one of Woojin's hands. "I finally realize what I need to do. With my problem."

"I'm glad I can become of some sort of help." Woojin's warm smile seems to make the sun peak through the shadows I just the right time. "I'll visit you sometime then. I gotta give the certain someone a long awaited answer."

"I hope the someone gives you more happiness to come." Chan turns around and heads for the doors. "He certainly will." He whispers under his breath.

"Come in." Jeongin responds to the knocks on the door.

Chan enters quietly and shuts the door behind him. "How was your break?" "Ah, fine." Chan scratches at him neck.

"I came here to say something." Jeongin's pinging worry grows stronger at his heart. He'll call you disgusting, a nasty gay. Jeongin prepares for the worst.

"I-

A/N

Go ahead. Kill me. I dare you.

Thank you for reading! - マイ☆彡