12

Days past since the boys had their small serious talk. After that, they were more quiet, but later gave in to the silence. Jeongin slowly recovers but his mind space is fully revived. He was talking to his crush. His make believe future lover. But the rocks keep tapping at his window. He faking it. He doesn't care. It's all in the spite of pity. You're pitiful. Those weren't the only words though. You're behind in school work. Your going to fail. Your parents will be forever poor. They are suffering as you lay down. They claw at the windows over and over again to only leave scratches. I have to ignore it.

Chan every now and then would sneak up a snack or two, up the hospital floors. Jeongin's choice, of course. Strawberry milk or macorons from Bokjin's Wagyu. Typically macorons unless it was hard for him to swallow that day. He made his best effort to accompany and to keep him happy though. Chan had his own demons to fight as well. This boy ruined you. It poisoned his mind like grime. Only time could tell. Or Jeongin.

Chan remembers very vividly how he first had feelings for the younger. It was actually when he was in 4th grade and Jeongin was in 3rd. Though the time of his bullying, it clicked to him one day.

Chan's POV

"Piece of shit." I said as two of my friends start kicking him into the wood chips. The afternoon sun shown out as it was late after school. Jeongin's mother fell ill the day before and Jeongin has to take care of her. How poor. Because of that, he forgot to do my damn homework. Instead of a 100, it dropped to 95. "Listen kid. I'm on thin ice right now. You know if I get a grade lower than 95, who's ass is also going to get beat rather than mine?" I said as I grabbed onto his collar. Silence. More room for me to talk. "Poor kid, you got nothing. You better be damn thankful that my parents are giving you money for all your shit." I drop his collar.

"Let's go guys, I think he got the message now-."

"No!"

I stopped in my pace. What? I turned around to the sobbing boy. "What did you say?" I glared back. "Woojin, Hyunjin, I'm gonna keep him to myself okay?" They just nodded and left me to be with the poor boy. Scratched up arms and legs with grass stains all over. What could he possibly want?

"Speak up bitch-."

He lunges towards me. It felt warm. My first hug in maybe 2 years. He grips onto my neck and pushes himself up.

"What are you doing?"

"Please, please keep me." His tear stains soak into my uniform. "Please keep me. I don't want nobody else."

"What the hell are you saying kid?!" But I don't move.

"Continue to do it if you need to. Push your limits if you need to on me. Cause I don't got nobody else who could. Nobody else that will talk to me. I feel as though your damage to me is far much easier than for eternal loneliness. I feel as though I got somebody beside me. So please stay."

Is he psychotic? Is he that lonely?

So for one day, I stood beside him. Actually, not even one day, just only an hour. Because for the first time, I related to him. Loneliness. Feel as though everybody knows you but doesn't care for you. People may say that I'm popular but I'm actually quite introverted. I become fake for myself to know them. So I can relate with somebody. So I can lean against somebody. I never seen somebody lean against me.

Mom and dad don't care. They're too busy on their oil business. That's when I realized. I'm getting feelings for this kid aren't I? So that day, I set on the bench beside him and let him lay his head on my lap and sleep. I held out my hand to cover the harsh orange sun against his eyes and pushed his hair back. I observed and observed.

Since that day, for that whole school year, I never fought him. I needed to let my feelings subtle down and I can't do that when I see him only hurt. Hurt till he cries and cries and all I would want to do is to leave kisses on where it hurt.

For the whole school year, I fought with myself. How could you like him? How could you?? I wondered and tried to find a answer. Because I just do. Can I explain it anymore? Do I have to find so many reasons? Though cheesy, that's what I thought.

During that year, I never seen Jeongin so depressed. I wasn't by his side anymore. He didn't have anyone to go to. He didn't felt needed again. It probably hurt him even more than me beating him everyday, but I thought about myself. Though I wanted to help and just talk to him, I know I'll just ruin my image against all my other friends. What could I have said to them? Oh, I actually have a crush on the kid we're bullying everyday now, so don't hurt him. Of course not. I already knew I was gay but I can't reveal that to my friends. That's just sinful.

5th grade year rolled by and it's back to how it started. I have forgotten about those feelings and left them in the summer to burn.

3rd PERSON POV

And now here he is again. Instead of hurt, it's respect that the boys exchange to each other. A time to finally grow. Their time is slowly coming to and end though. 5 days left till Jeongin is finally dispatched from his hospital bed. Yet he forgets. Wounds weren't what healed him in the hospital these past few weeks. His soul. He lively again with energy that hasn't emerged in years. So as well as Chan.

But something comes soon. Something that could split them again.

"Hey chan."

"Yes Jeongin, What is it?" He slides his chair towards the younger's bed.

"I like you."

A/N

Sorry sorry! I hope this cliffhanger still makes you stay to read more. I know this chapter is a little short and I'm sorry... I'm kinda in a rush to do hw after this soo... yeah...

Thank you (so damn much) for reading! - マイ☆彡