8

Jeongin's POV

4 days later

I refuse to open my eyes. I'd rather here nothing.

See nothing.

And be nothing.

The pain never goes away as long as I'm still here.

Still breathing.

I feel better though. The pain seems to be more numb and my side feels much better. The needles and pumps I can feel through me work on and on. I feel comfortable. I pity at myself as I thought how being in the hospital is better than the dorms. It was wrong, but it felt so right.

But, I had to open my eyes. And what I saw in front of me made my heart drop. Chan's head was resting near my hand. His soft curls mixed and small nose rising up and down as he breaths. The eyelashes seem to glitter as light reflects off them and the lips. Cracked. The dark circles under his eyes seem to suck back into his skull. His fingers were oddly cut on the knuckles. I observed the room to find a whole near the door. Oh no Chan.

As beautiful as he looked, a hidden sadness was able to be seen from the inside. I forward my bed to make me sit up right. I'm now able to see the rest of the room. Blankets and pillows nearly stacked onto the dark leather couch. A toothbrush and toothpaste with other remedies like creams and a brush sit on the sink counter. I could see a duffel full of clothes sticking out near the table. He's been living here.

Why?

I look down to see Chan flinching. And wakes. His eyes flutter open and dilate. He locks eyes with me for a moment, then moves back. "You're awake now." I keep my head low as I've been spoken to. "I'll call in the doctors." He stood up and reached for the red button behind my bed. His arms almost touching mine and face close enough for a whisper.

I hear the button beep and he moves back. "You're face is slightly pink too, you might have a cold." Sudden skin-ship got me running goosebumps along my arms. His unexpectedly cold hands reaches for my forehead. Do you know how much I wished of this to be real? How much you're making my heart beat in my ears still?

It's wrong I know, but I still have feelings for this man. It's wrong, it's wrong, it's wrong. For loving your abuser. Am I crazy?

"Weird, your head isn't hot, just your cheeks." He moves back as the door opens. A well groomed man in his mid 50s came in with clipboard and pen in hand. He had kind eyes and a soft smile as he stepped in. "Hey, Chan. I haven't seen you in awhile." The doctor tightly embraced the older. "You never visit me anymore. You're hurting the poor old mans heart." The doctor pouted. "Sorry sir. School has gotten me busy."

He forward his attention towards me. "Hello Mr. Yang, I'm Mr. Jun and I'm going to have to do a slight examination on you first then I'll proceed to tell of your current conditions." He looks back up to me waiting for an answer. I simply nod.

He shines the light at my eyes and continues to examine me from head to toe. When he finished, he straightens back up and pulls the clipboard up to his face. "Mr. Yang, you've been unconscious for 4 days now and was put into emergency surgery due to slight eternal bleeding which is caused by a fracture of your ribs." A chill goes down my spine. "Brushing and bleeding were the state you're in that covers you from head to toe. Do you have any recognition of what happened beforehand you were called to the hospital?" My mind was still stuck on one thing. I missed 4 days of school. I'm behind. "Mr. Yang?" I snap out of my daze and looked at him. "Oh." Chan is what happened. The person to blame and to charge is right behind you.

But I care.

I care about him too much too say that.

"No sir."

Mr. Juns raised one of his eyebrows in question. "Really, your wounds seem to be a little older when you came in. Are you sure you don't know" he emphasizes "or don't want to say?"

I stand my ground. "No sir."

I glance at Chan. His face is so pale. He stares at the wall behind me, cold sweat breaking out at him. His eyes are large and structure is stuck in time. At least he knows what he did.

"Okay, well I'll move onto how long you're going to have to stay and insurance and more of the business side of things." I nod again.

"Your stay is going to be

3 weeks."

My body seems to plummet. I missing school for 3 weeks. What am I going to do???

"You'll go through the healing process but also will have visits to the psychiatrist every other day as we've also examine that you might have depression and anxiety." Nothing new. "You seemed to not have any kind of insurance connected towards you. Is your family struggling financially?"

Mom and dad immediately pop into my mind. I can't risk to burden them. My dark thoughts sink again-

"That'll be covered by me." I stared up at Chan. What? But isn't this what you wanted from me? Suffering? His face seemed to calm down a bit but still shaken. He stares back at me. "It's at least I could do." Is this how you're going to keep me quiet?

"Okay Chan, can you just sign right under here." Mr. Jun hands Chan the clipboard and pen. Chan swiftly signs it and gave back the clipboard. "Well, that's all I'm here for right now. Please rest and I'll check up on you every now and then." With that, he closes the door behind him.

Chan and I are left in the room alone again. "School." I said. "What about it?" He responds. Of course he wouldn't understand. "Grades and work and assignments and the upcoming project and-"

"I'll cover that." He interrupts. You'll what? You've haven't even ever picked up a single pencil during class. How are your going to COVER that?? "I'll tell the administration office about our situation and excuse you. They know how to keep their mouth shut around me."

There you go again. Using your powers. Cause you have money and I don't. I envy you.

"I talked to auntie and uncle already, so don't worry too much."

But I'm so worried.

"What about you?" I'm worried about you. "I'll stay here with you." For the first time, Bang Chan has caught me off guard. My face is warm again and my insides tickle. "I'll feed you, make you comfortable, do anything you ask me to, and keep you company." He walks up to me and sits down on the bed.

I've given up. I pull out the white flag and succumbed to him.

I still love you. I still love you Chan.

A/N

*stretch* two hours of writing without moving with a bag of chips is THE LIFE. I know how I said that I'll not be able to do weekly updates but I felt really guilty and wrote another chapter anyways but I promise I'll go back to resting! Hope you loved this chapter as much as me writing it! This by far has to be my favorite book and hopes it yours too! Love all the understanding support you've been giving and thank you!

Thank you for reading! - マイ☆彡