Scholar guests

Getting myself ready for work, I pack my keys and wallet into my bag and head out to the outside.

I lock the door and began my walk to work. I put on my headphones and turn on my music as I walked away from my house, trying to block the loud noise of the morning traffic on the streets.

I take my shortest route, going through one of the shortcuts a noticed a group of kids spray painting on an alley wall, once they saw me, they all ran off probably thinking I was going to get them in trouble.

As I walked by the tagged wall, I look at what they had left behind.

It was an image of a robot's hand holding a blue rose, one of the petals falling out of it. Under it had the words, NATURE AND METAL.

Not being an expert artist, I thought the image was pretty neat.

I take a few steps back and decided to take a quick picture of it on my phone.

Admiring the picture I noticed that I had taken a while and I was starting to get late.

I suddenly decide to run for it.

It took me less than five minutes to actually arrive to work, using my key card at the back of the building and speed walking my way to the locker area to put my belongings away. I check the time and I was only two minutes late.

Hallelujah!

I take a deep breath and walked to the back room check-ins. I turn on the computer monitor and got everything ready before the library could be opened. As I was grabbing the keys to open the front doors my boss appeared.

"Morning Elliot." my boss greeted, seeing her wearing a nice dress suit with black heels. She wore heavy red lipstick with dark mascara. Clearly trying to make herself look presentable for the upcoming 'guests.'

Not that she needs makeup to look nicely.

My boss was a pretty lady in her late 40s, she was a married lady to a surgeon who was known for his achievement in medical breakthroughs. Yup her looks sure got her a nice husband with a career. Aside of her looks, she was actually nice, she cared for her staff and tried everything to support her workers. She even ran the library like an army sergeant. She was smart, pretty and cool.

"Morning Mrs. McCullen, are you ready for the scholar company?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yes, I can't lie, I am a little worried. I saw that you got all the shelves organized and up to date, good job."

I smile and shake my head, "It was easy."

She smiled and noticed the time, "Oh! I'm holding you back, go on ahead and open the doors sweetie, I'll be at my office." She walked away, her heels clicking on the hallway.

I open the doors of the library and welcomed the patrons as they walked through. Once everyone was in I walked back to my work room, passing by the service desk where the rest of the staff were working, greeting them all. I started working on the back, getting the books that were being returned and checking them into our systems and then putting them into the carts. Making sure they were all in order, I grabbed a cart and headed to the adult fiction area.

One by one I started clearing the carts, on my third round I noticed two men wearing black business suits and a third man wearing a white buttoned up shirt with a long khaki cloak and pants. He had slightly short grey hair with a few white hairs on his sides, although he had a small orange highlight. He looked about his mid forties but looked attractive if you were around his age. The three men were talking to my boss. My boss seemed to be giving them a tour of the library.