The mission

Elliot POV

All the stress and pressure about Steve trying to hurt me or calling the cops to have me arrested had disappeared. All thanks to Optimus and the guys. I was a little embarrassed to have them face Steve for my part, but it was a very nice gesture for them to do.

I look at Optimus who almost seemed content as he drove- or made his holoform look like he was driving.

"Thank you." I said, breaking the silence.

Optimus looked at me and smiled, "It was my pleasure."

"You didn't have to go to that extent y'know." I said, "But I really am thankful that you guys did."

Optimus nodded, "I am glad that we did as well."

I stayed quiet for a moment before speaking again, "So am I really approved in your company? That I can work on your planet?" I asked.

Optimus nodded again and smiled, "Yes. All the members of the Scholastic committee have accepted you. Lennox wanted to tell you first, but I guess I spoiled the surprise." He almost sounded embarrassed.

I laugh and shake my head, "Nah, I don't think he'll mind."

Optimus chuckled as well, "Probably not. Although he and Ratchet would need to debrief you about a few things about your new job."

"Like what?" I asked.

"Now that is up to them to explain." He replied.

I pouted and sighed, "Alright then, I'll speak to him as soon as we get to base then."

I was excited, I got accepted to work for Optimus. I'll be able to see Cybertron up close, I would get to learn more about their kind and maybe more about space.

We had finally arrived to base, Optimus and the guys stopped in front of Ratchet's medical building. I get out of Optimus' truck and let him transform to his bipedal mode. The rest of the team also transformed and were stretching. Ratchet appeared, walking out of the medical building. He had Epps on the palm of his hand.

"Elliot? Where have you been!?" Ratchet snapped, "Lennox had many of the soldiers search for you, Bumblebee and Sideswipe! Those two young bots never picked up my com-link!"

I turn to see Bee and Sideswipe look away in embarrassment and tried to avoid eye contact with him.

Epps chuckled and gestured Ratchet to lower him to the ground, "Well I'm glad you all came back unharmed." He walked up to me patting my back, "Congrats on your acceptance to your new job."

I was shocked that he knew that I already knew, I look up at Optimus.

"How did you know I knew?" I asked.

Epps pointed to Ratchet and Optimus, "Com-linking. Words here spread fast."

I laughed and nodded in agreement. Ratchet knelt down and had his hand towards me for me to climb onto.

"Since you're accepted to work under Optimus and agreeing to the terms of the job, then it is time that I make sure your body is ready to be trained." He said.

I was confused, "Trained?" I asked.

Epps chuckled, "Do you really think that we will just set you on Cybertron all freely willie? You have to go through suit training, you need to understand the usage of the 'space suits' you will be getting. There isn't enough oxygen up there and we need to make sure you know how to use the suits well enough to not need help since you're gonna be up there alone." He then looks up at Ratchet, "Ratchet will be your personal medic, he has enough grasp about human anatomy to help you and make sure he monitors your health here and up on their planet."