The reveal

Elliot POV

Living in another planet, having all the resources that I need, getting paid well, working under the government and 'The Optimus Prime', having vacation time and benefits...

It didn't really sound that bad. I would be able to learn more about Transformers and maybe much more about the universe.

This was my friend's dream since the arrival of Transformers, but... too bad he is not here anymore to hear this opportunity. He would have wanted me to accept the offer.

Memories about my close friend started to flood my mind. Memories of how he and I studied Cybertronian language, how we vowed to grasp knowledge and discover the Universe's mysteries.

I touch the scar that was still on my eyebrow, a remembrance of my close friend's death.

This was a once in a lifetime decision.

Mr. Pax waited patiently for me to say something.

"Alright." I finally spoke, "I accept the job."

Mr. Pax's eyes widened, I could have sworn they glowed at my answer. He stood up and turned off the hologram and reached his hand over to me.

"Elliot Torre, I am glad that you have accepted this job. You have no idea how much my team needed someone like you joining us."

I shake his hand, "Team? You mean the scholar company?" I asked.

Mr. Pax sighed and shook his head, "There is much more that you must know about this job, however, I cannot fully explain here. I will need to show you."

I was confused, "Show me?"

Mr. Pax didn't say anything when we both got back into his truck.

He drove what felt like an hour until we reached into a military base.

There were dozens of soldiers around, many quickly letting Mr. Pax drive through.

I gripped onto the seat belt that was strapped over my chest.

Mr. Pax then stopped his vehicle in the middle of a military tarmac. Two men in military uniforms approached the truck and walked up to my side of the door.

I was starting to panic, but Mr. Pax gave me a quick reassurance glance.

An African American man opened my door and smiled at me, "Hello there Ms. Torre, welcome to NEST!" He seemed excited to see me.

I unbuckle myself and climb out with the soldier's help.

"My name is Epps," He handed his hand out for me to shake, "The boys have been anxious to meet you!"

I shake his hand and when I turned to see the second military man, I was frozen in shock.

"Hey there Elliot." Lennox smiled.

"You're the guy from that storytime day!" I exclaimed, "Did you plan it on purpose!?"

Lennox chuckled and rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, "Uhh, maybe. Ahem. Anyway, boss bot told us that you accepted the job." He clearly tried changing the subject.

Wait, boss bot? Who's boss bot?

Lennox and Epps noticed my confusion and pointed to Mr. Pax who stood near his truck.

I look at Mr. Pax but before I could ask who they were talking about, Mr. Pax suddenly fizzled out like a ghost and the truck suddenly rumbled to life. The truck started to transform right before me.