Mission gone bad

Elliot POV

The next morning, I woke up extra early and got myself ready to start my day. As soon as I walked out of my little home, I noticed many soldiers running around. There were orders being shouted and many vehicles were driving around transporting weapons and officers. I noticed Epps talking to several pilots. Epps saw me approaching him and quickly dismissed the pilots.

"Morning Elliot!" Epps smiled.

"Morning, umm, what's going on?" I asked, looking around me.

Epps sighed, "There was a big Energon reading near Egypt. The bots are all leaving to figure out what it is."

My face turned pale, "Is it him?" I asked.

Epps shrugged his shoulders, understanding who 'him' was that I was referring to. "We're not sure, but Optimus isn't taking any chances."

I noticed Ironhide's vehicle from a distance, "Ironhide is here?"

Epps turned and nodded, "We need all bots, Lennox is still with his family and allowed Ironhide to join Optimus' mission. Also, Ironhide wanted to get into some action." He chuckled, "If you want to see them before they get into the plane, they're at the drop-off spot. They will be getting ready in less than 10 minutes, so go on ahead and see them before they leave."

I nodded and thanked him, running towards the drop-off. As soon as I got there, there were three large airplanes getting prepared to leave. I then noticed all the Autobots gathered together. Optimus, Ironhide, Arcee, Sideswipe, Bumblebee and Ratchet.

I ran to them, dodging many soldiers who were running around.

Sideswipe was the first one to notice me and quickly knelt down, "Hey there Elliot!" The rest of the bots turned to me as well, all of them greeting me.

"Hey guys. I heard about the mission near Egypt... I just wanted to make sure I said my good luck to you all." I didn't realize that my fingers were slightly trembling.

Sideswipe who was still kneeling was the first to notice my nervousness and gently stroked his finger on my arm in a comforting gesture, "Hey, everything is gonna be okay. We'll return sooner than you think." He smiled.

Bumblebee nodded and gave me a thumbs up.

Arcee, who was amongst the group, walked up to me, "It's just a small mission. There will be nothing for you to worry about."

I nodded, trying to sink the words in, "Are you fully recovered?" I asked.

Arcee nodded, "Of course, Ratchet is a good medic. I'm 100 percent ready. Besides, I need to get back into action. I can't let the mechs have all the fun." She winked at me.

Ironhide chuckled as he walked up to Arcee, "Don't worry Elliot, I'll make sure to bodyguard Arcee." He said in a mocking tone.

Arcee sputtered, "Excuse me!?" The rest of the bots laughed.

Ratchet shook his head and faced towards the Autobots, "Keep me posted when you guys return. I want to make sure I have the med-bay ready in case any of you come back injured."

"You're not going Ratchet?" I asked.

Ratchet shook his head, "No, they will not be needing me in the field. I am needed here for now."

Optimus who had stayed silent and observed our interaction finally stepped forward, "I would like to speak to Elliot in private." He said towards the rest of the Autobots. All the bots quickly followed Optimus' request, most of them having smirks on their faces.