Requirement list part 2

Working on the adult nonfiction section, I was in the stars and planets section. As I was putting away the books from my cart, a certain book had caught my interest and I started looking through it. Reading it as it intrigued me by the information that it contained. It wasn't busy today so I took the risk of reading it a bit more.

I was so engulfed in the book that I hadn't heard anyone standing next to me until they cleared their throat.

I almost jumped and slammed the book shut quickly. I turn around at the patron and notice that it was Mr. Pax, but he wasn't alone. He was with an older male, the same man with the khaki cloak and bright blue eyes.

"M- Mr. Pax! I'm sorry I didn't mean to ignore you." I tried apologizing, but he raised a hand to stop me as he smiled.

"Don't worry, I was just curious on what you were deeply reading on. You looked entranced by it." He replied.

I show him the book that I still held.

He took the book and flipped through the pages, "The Constellations and the Unexplained Universe." He read the title with interest. The man with him peeked at the book as well and had a raised eyebrow.

"You like reading the information of your planetary systems and galaxies?" the older male asked, still looking at the book that Mr. Pax had. He had a heavy raspy voice that sounded just as cool as Mr. Pax.

I nodded, "Yeah, I think it's very cool."

"Why?" The male asked, still not looking up at me, taking the book that Mr. Pax had.

I was confused by his sudden questions, I look back at Mr. Pax and he had a calm expression. As if he was also waiting for my answers.

"I think they're cool-"

"Be specific." the older male interrupted.

What's his deal?

Not wanting to sound annoyed, I decided to answer for Mr. Pax's sake.

"I believe learning the planetary systems are not just necessary, I love to know what's beyond our universe, especially when I can't have the power to see it for myself. So I read about them and try to understand on how lucky we are on living in such a beautiful galaxy that is covered in stars and planets that have their own types of weathers and gravitational systems." Mr. Pax stared at me, even the older male took a look at me, "The galaxy is so huge, so huge that experts believe it to be infinite. We're just specks of dust in a giant vast of darkness and we're not the only ones, there is clearly a lot more life beyond our universe that we'll probably never get to see for ourselves. Luckily we got to see that there is more life- I mean, there's a whole planet right next door to ours. All we gotta do is look up."

Mr. Pax smiled in a way of satisfaction of my response.

The older male hummed and handed me the book, "You were right about her Pax. She has an interesting insight. Your designation is Elliot, correct?" he asked me.

I nodded, "It is. Umm, do you guys want to talk to my boss?"

Mr. Pax shook his head, "We were actually meaning to speak to you only."

"Me?" I asked.

"Yes, we already spoke to your boss to let you go for the afternoon." The older male replied.

Was I getting fired!? Did I do something wrong!?

Mr. Pax seemed to have noticed my worry, "It isn't anything bad, we can assure you. We just wish to learn more about you."

"Me?" I asked again, "Why?"

Mr. Pax looked at his partner and looked back at me, "I think we can talk better if we all get ourselves comfortable. Is there a place where we can talk in private?"