Dilemma

I wondered what Arcee and the rest said in their com-links to want to leave my home quickly.

I then heard footsteps approaching and look up to see Optimus with his hair damp, giving it a glossy look. He even removed the icing stains from his back shirt. He looked around and realized that everyone had left.

"Did the others leave?" Optimus asked.

I nodded, "Yeah just a while ago."

Optimus exhaled and brushed his hair back with his hand. My eyes watched as his arm flexed, I gulp by the muscle of his, it wasn't as big as Ironhide but it still wasn't hard to miss. Even with a long sleeved flannel shirt that he wore, the bicep's shape could still be seen.

Optimus turned to me which I quickly looked down at my feet which suddenly became more interesting than staring at Optimus in the eyes.

I wondered if he noticed me staring at his biceps.

"What time is the party tomorrow?" Optimus asked.

"Around five, will you still make it?" I asked, hoping I didn't sound desperate. My parents kept texting me if Optimus was coming, which only made me more anxious about the event.

Optimus smiled and nodded, "I am cleared for tomorrow."

"Cool then. I shall see you tomorrow." I said, "OH! And you don't have to wear anything fancy since it's just a casual kid's party."

Optimus smiled, "This party is for your niece am I right?" He asked.

I nodded, "She's my brother's kid. She's going to turn six. You're gonna love her, she's such a sweet little girl and very smart, in fact she's known to be a gifted child." Optimus tilted his head in confusion as he sat next to me, "It means that she's smarter than kids her age, her knowledge and high achievement in school makes her have a higher IQ than any other kid in her class, which is why she had to skip a grade, but she still outstands the higher grade. She even loves to interact with Transformers."

Optimus chuckled, "She almost sounds like you."

I laugh, "That's what everyone in my family tells me but I kinda take that as a compliment. In fact, wait here." I stand up and ran to my bedroom where I had Izzy's gift still bagged away. Once I got it I walk back to the living room with it and show it to Optimus, "I got this for her since she loves space."

"She'll be able to see the moon and my planet closer." He takes the telescope and inspects it, "From what you tell me about your niece, I believe she will enjoy your gift."

"I think so too." I replied.

Optimus hands me back the telescope, but as he was handing it back to me our hands touch each other and I felt a sudden warmth cover my cheeks. His hand was warm, of course huge enough to cover my own.

Optimus stands up from the couch, towering over me by several feet. He smiles and tilted his head, "I must get back to base. I shall pick you up tomorrow."

I nodded, although I felt almost disappointed that he had to leave, "Sure thing. Drive safe."

I followed Optimus to the exit and watched as he walked towards his truck and get inside. His engine turned on to life and his headlights flashed a few times. His way of goodbye. I wave my hand as he drove off to the road.

I stayed outside for a while longer until I couldn't see Optimus anymore.

I walked back inside the house and go to my bathroom where I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was completely covered in white powder and a bit of icing on my shirt, but what stood out the most of my reflection was my bright red flushed cheeks.