Unexpected visit

Sideswipe didn't say anything after that. He had dropped me home and he had to leave in a rush. I bid him goodnight and he bid his farewell as well. He clearly hesitated to leave but he had to go back to base to know what was going on with Megatron's signal on Earth.

Megatron.

If he was really back, then that means he was up to something- obviously. I just hoped that Megatron wouldn't break the peace that Optimus and the government were trying to maintain.

I wasn't so sure on how I could help Optimus and the rest of the bots, but there was clearly no way I could help them.

I groan and walk to my bedroom to change to my pajamas. I wear a long, blue sleeved pj shirt and fuzzy blue pants that had a giant monkey face on the side of my left leg.

I walk back to the living room and sit on the couch. I grab my datapad that was underneath it, where I had hid it this morning.

I stare at my pad for a while, hoping that the pad wouldn't glitch like earlier. I touch the screen and it turns on normally.

I click a few things, but notice that everything seemed to be working fine.

What if it wasn't a glitch?

I shake my thoughts, trying not to get paranoid.

I read for a while through one of the files on the datapad when I suddenly heard someone knocking at my door.

I take a quick glance at the clock that hangs over my bookshelf and notice that it was 7 in the afternoon.

I tried to think who it could be since I hardly get visitors.

I rest my datapad on my couch and walk towards the door, hoping that it was someone lost and was asking for directions or something.

Walking to the door I open it and was shocked to see Mr. Pax- I mean- Optimus standing there, staring at my lawn. His giant Peterbilt truck parked on my driveway. Optimus' holoform turned around to me.

"Optimus? Is there something you need?" I asked.

I was confused on why he was here.

Optimus shook his head, "I hope I'm not disturbing you at this hour, I just wanted to make sure you were alright... mainly after the events that happened at your workplace."

Oh, he was just checking up on me.

I smile, "It's really no bother, maybe a little surprised, but you don't have to check up on me to see if I'm alright. Also, I don't want you distracted from other important stuff at base because of me."

"I am currently not needed at the moment. I took the liberty to come." Optimus replied.

"Oh! Then at least come inside. You're probably exhausted driving all the way here." I open the door wide enough for him.

He walks in and takes in the surroundings, he wasn't like Sideswipe and Bumblebee who were running around my living room due to curiosity.

I walked ahead and lead him to the living room.

"Are you thirsty? Do you want water? Juice? I also have coffee prepared." I tried to be welcoming.

I mean who wouldn't? I had Optimus Prime in my house, it kinda feels like a visit from a celebrity... an alien celebrity. I tried not to overthink the situation and try behaving and treating him like a human being.

"Wait do you guys consume human liquids?" I started to feel embarrassed.

Optimus chuckled, "To answer your question, we can consume liquids. However, I am not thirsty, thank you for your concern."