Chapter Three: Party

The night before Sydney's party, Drake and Trent had stayed up almost all night texting each other back and forth. Most of the time was spent by Drake trying to organize their friends' meeting before the party, and Trent giggling at Drake's OCD while Drake giggled at Trent trying to be a people pleaser. He kept making sure everyone was happy with the end result, which was them meeting up at the Whataburger, eating, then going to the party.

Drake always planned ahead, which usually worked out since most of his friends were good with anything.

Trent and Drake were in Drake's room while Ryan and Michael were on Facetime. They were both at Ryan's place. This was an average sleepover for them, considering Drake had a thing with hanging out with people too long. Only Trent knew that, and he also knew that he was the only one Drake could tolerate for a long amount of time.

"Okay, fine, Drake, are we done planning? What's the fun if we know what's gonna happen?" Michael complained, leaning back against Ryan's bedroom wall.

"Well, I think we need a designated driver. You never know."

"Drake, we don't need a designated driver. None of us drink." Trent said, laying on Drake's bed.

"You never know!" Drake was sitting to the side of the bed on the floor. Trent chuckled.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "You're OCD must be kicking in."

"Hey, one day you're gonna thank me." He placed a theatrical hand on his chest, "I, personally, think my organization skills are a gift."

Michael smiled, "Ah, yes. You'll make a great wife for someone in the future."

He and Ryan laughed while Drake just glared. Trent looked at the digital clock next to the bed.

"Hey, guys, it's almost 2 am. Maybe we should get off."

Michael groaned, "You two are so boring."

Drake ran his hand through his hair, annoyed, "Yeah, yeah, see you guys tomorrow."

Michael femininely waved his hand, "Tootaloo, b-" and Drake clicked to end the call.

Trent chuckled, "Thank God, I swear I would've gone through the screen and slapped them." Drake slightly laughed, "You take Ryan, I'll take Michael."

"Cool, let's tag team it." Trent raised his hand for a high-five.

Drake just looked at him and laughed, "God, you're a nerd."

Trent whined, "C'mon, don't leave me hanging!"

Drake shook his head and high-fived him. Trent laughed and situated himself on the bed where he was on his stomach.

"So, let's dish." He rested his chin on his hand.

Drake laughed, "Jeez, and I'm the feminine one?"

Trent reached behind him and threw a pillow at him. Trent's phone lit up with a notification. Drake looked down at it on the bed, "You have notifications turned on for when Sydney posts on Instagram?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot to turn those off. It's fine though, sometimes she still posts interesting stuff. At least now I'm not obligated to like it."

Drake chuckled. Trent unlocked his phone and his face fell. Drake watched Trent's face go through multiple emotions at once, and drop his phone.

"What's wrong?" Drake asked, sitting down next to him on the bed.

He handed his phone to Drake and leaned back onto a pillow. On the screen was a picture of Sydney kissing one of their classmates, Thomas, in front of a mall backdrop. Drake looked down at Trent, but he couldn't detect what he was feeling.