Chapter Ten: The Turn

The guys called and called and called, but Drake wasn't answering his phone. Trent was pacing back and forth, continuously refreshing his texts to see if Drake responded. 

They had driven to Michael's house for no particular reason other than that was where his car went. Since Michael brought up the idea that Drake was behind Luke's probably-almost-fatal asthma attack, the guys have been paranoid. They couldn't have their best friend going to prison. In the car, Charles, Ryan, and Trent were repeatedly texting and calling him. 

Trent was beginning to believe it was his fault if Drake had, in fact, tried to hurt Luke. He had wanted to keep Luke from stopping him and Drake being in a play. It's a pretty stupid reason to hurt someone over a musical, then again there's a reason movies like "Black Swan" exists. 

The worst part about that belief is that Trent might've done the same if he had been pushed enough. After this, if Drake had caused this, Trent may just thank him for it. 

"What are we gonna do?" Charles asked, looking up at Trent distressed. Worry wasn't a common emotion amongst the guys. Trent didn't answer.

Charles and Ryan were sitting at Michael's kitchen table, and Michael was leaning against his kitchen counter trying to text Drake.

"I don't know, Charlie." Michael pinched the bridge of his nose. 

Ryan looked up at Trent, who was progressively pacing faster and faster. "Are you okay?"

Trent barely registered his voice but nodded along to whatever anyone said. 

Someone knocked on the door, and all of them simultaneously looked up. All of them ran to the front door, almost jumping over each other. Trent ended up reaching the doorknob and opening the door. 

Drake was at the door with his hands in his jean pockets; all of them stared at him.

"Did you guys hear school's closed?" Was all he said. Trent ushered him into the house while the other guys just watched him closely. 

"Where have you been?" Trent asked, sitting him down at the kitchen table. Michael, Ryan, and Charles followed behind, sitting at the kitchen table with him. 

"I was technically late for school until I realized all of you guys had sent me hundreds of messages. Why the hell were you all worried about me?" 

Ryan and Charles glanced at each other, "Well," Ryan said, "For starters, Luke had an asthma attack."

Drake's eyebrows furrowed, "Ohhhkay? Was it bad or-?" 

"Holly said he had to be taken to the hospital. No one knew he was out there until the Athletics team went out to practice." Michael said, then sighed. They were silent while Drake looked from face to face.

"What do you guys think happened?" He asked, still looking confused.

Once again, the others glanced at each other awkwardly. Trent sighed, "Well, it is kind of weird that you weren't with us when we heard of the asthma attack." 

Then it looked like something clicked in Drake's head. "You guys think I did something?" His voice was disbelieving and hurt. 

"No, no, we're just saying it's odd," Trent assured him, grabbing his hand from across the table. Drake's eyes were wide and he looked from Trent to the others, back to Trent. 

"Did, um, did you do anything?" Charles asked, noticing Drake never actually said he didn't.

Drake stared at Charles, eyes still wide, "Are you serious? Do you really think I would give someone an asthma attack? How would that even work?" He stood up, angry and hurt.