Chapter Sixteen: Heeeere's Vega

Trent's eyes widened, "What-what does he mean? Why can't I go home?"

Drake looked between Michael and Trent, as confused as they are. The ominous text message unsettled them all, especially from the friend who just went to the police station.

Then Isaiah opened the door hard, almost hitting an employee, which he quickly apologized to. He scrambled to the table and pulled a chair from behind him and sat down. He leaned towards Trent.

He spoke slowly and sharply, "Why. Didn't. You tell me. About. Breaking in. To Luke's house?"

Trent's mouth opened and then shut, for he didn't know the answer. He didn't feel like he had to tell him, considering he wasn't the one who killed him. Drake pursed his lips and looked to Trent. Charles, Ryan, and Michael did the same.

"I guess I never really thought to tell you. Why? What's going on?" Trent hesitated. 

"Maybe because you could be a goddamn suspect?!" Isaiah said through gritted teeth. He was clenching his fist over his mouth, trying to calm down in his own way. 

"No," Drake spoke. "No. No. We're not doing this anymore." 

Isaiah's eyes were wide like a mad man. "What the hell do you mean 'we're not doing this anymore'? You got us into this! It's your own damn fault that we have to help you not get arrested and tried for murder. We're just trying to help you!"

Drake turned to Trent's still confused and worried face, "Ask your mom if you can stay at my house tonight. If she says no, try to convince her that we need to because it's vital for the musical."

Trent breathed sharply, "But, wait, why can't I stay home?"

Isaiah quickly glared at Drake and looked to Trent, "It depends if you want to be interviewed by police or not."

"Why are police interviewing me?" He asked, now scared. Drake grew worried, too. 

"Maybe because Luke almost hated you. From what I heard, that the police know, you broke into his house because you were obsessed with him and his family was scared so they moved away. Then when he came back he was pissed at you for dating someone else. That's what I heard from the officer I talked to."

Drake squinted, "Who the hell told the cops that?"

Trent's eyes went back and forth like he was thinking, "Not many people know about the break-in. You five, Jordan, Vincent, and Blaise. That should be it. No one else knows, and they're my best friends. I don't think they would've told them-"

"But remember," Isaiah interrupted, "None of your friends know Drake is a murderer."

"Ya know, I didn't realize how much I hate it when you say that until now," Drake said.

"Well, you won't have to get used to it if you play your cards right," Charles said, as Trent texted his mom to stay with Drake.

"Look, guys, the officer said that they had two of Luke's friends who were interviewed. One has already been, the other hasn't. So, I guess which one of those friends of yours was also friends with Luke?" Isaiah spoke like he was a detective or something from a crime show. Trent thought he should change career options.

Trent's jaw clenched and he shut his eyes, "It has to be Blaise or Vincent then. Jordon doesn't even live in the state. Oh, Christ-" He put his hand over his eyes and rested his head on it. 

Drake rubbed his shoulder, "Guess we can't forget about this for a day, can we?"

Isaiah gave his most polite smile, "Well I guess we could just let you go to prison for your entire life."