Chapter Nine: Teenage Mafia

"So have you talked to Mr. Grey?" Drake asked, laying on Trent's bed. He propped himself up on his side, resting his head on his hand. Trent was bent on his knee, trying to look for his remote control. 

"Yeah, he said it was my decision as to what was more important to me. I think he was trying to guilt me into coming to the concert." Trent looked back at Drake, then went back to searching. He had about, what looked like, 300 remotes under his dresser which the TV sat on. He turned them over to check the back logo, and finally, he held it up, shouting, "Got it!"

Drake chuckled as Trent plopped himself on the twin bed, leaning back with Drake. He turned on the TV. Drake observed every movement he made, watching him carefully. He was just so fun to look at. 

"What are we gonna do about Luke?" Drake asked, drearily looking at Trent. 

Trent sighed and looked back at Drake. This was possibly the worst conversation topic he could think of, but he knew they had to do something about Luke. What if he stole one of their spots in the play? It was possible and very concerning.

 "Well, he's not very theatrical, so I don't think he'll try to steal one of our parts, then again I think he hates me. When spite is involved, anything is possible."

He was joking, but at the same time, he was speaking the truth. You never know what will happen when someone had a grudge. He shrugged when Drake just looked at him.

"We can only hope, I guess." Drake watched the TV, waiting for Trent to start the Newsies where they left off. 

"We could always ask for help from another crazy theatre kid." He raised an eyebrow at Drake, trying to make him interested. 

Drake's eyebrows furrowed, "I'm intrigued; whoever do you mean?"

Trent smiled at Drake's attempted mockery. "You know Holly?"

"The girl who's trying out for Davey's part in the Newsies? Yeah, I know of her."

"Well, I think I could get her to try to convince Luke not to do anything bad. If not her, she has friends that could help. Gracyn, Kenzie, the whole bunch."

"Are you sure a group of teenage girls will persuade Luke?"

"Well, Drake, there are two types of teenage girls. The ones that fangirl over boy bands and gossip, and those that are scary and ready to kill anyone." Trent laughed to himself. 

Drake laughed as well, sitting up on Trent's pillows. Trent took this opportunity to slide his arm around the smaller boy's waist, smiling. 

"For now, can we just forget about all that? I just want to hang out and watch Newsies with my boyfriend. Can I call you that?" Trent smiled at him, caressing his side.

Drake felt heat rising to his ears and cheeks. He smiled and leaned onto Trent's shoulder, "Of course you can." 

The filmed musical started back up in the middle, at the point where they were breaking Crutchie out of the jail. Jack Kelly, the noble Newsie main character, was running from the jailhouse warden, teasing him and running around the stage. 

"I can't wait to see you doing all that." Drake chuckled, accidentally scooting closer to Trent. He laughed along, encompassing Drake in his right arm.

"Do you think the dances will be the sa-" Trent began as his bedroom door opened. Gabe pushed open the door with a diet coke and a coke can in each hand. Trent reflexively tried to sit up and peel his arm from around Drake, but since he was leaning on his arm it was difficult to move. Trent cleared his throat; both guys felt awkward.