Chapter Eleven: Murder and Musicals

Michael was brought to listen to Drake's story. Trent thought it would be best to have someone's input on the situation that wasn't as biased as his. Michael was sitting at Drake's dining table across from Drake while Trent leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Drake," Michael pinched the bridge of his nose, "I mean, there are rules for witnessing a crime and not reporting it, but I'm not sure. A lot of things would be different if he's dead. Charges would be different, you could-"

He cut himself off. Drake leaned forward, "I could be what, Michael?" His voice was serious and worried.

"A really good lawyer could charge you with a form of murder."

Trent harshly grabbed a chair and sit down, "How? He didn't directly hurt him."

Michael sighed, "I know, and I don't know much about this. There's gotta be some kid that's in one of the law classes that would help."

Drake groaned, "Please, I don't need more people to know about this. Especially if I could be tried for fucking murder!"

Trent rubbed his arm on Drake's shoulder, "We could call someone who wouldn't talk about it."

"Nobody would want the information if Luke dies!" Drake abruptly stood up. 

"I do one thing that's bold and now I might be charged with murder. I could get thrown in prison for the rest of my life just from challenging Luke to a race! What happens if this ruins me?"

"Yes, but if he dies, you also ruined him," Michael shouted.

"You have to understand this isn't just about you. No matter what happens, he's the victim. True, he's a prick, but no one will justify murder with that in a court." 

Drake looked down, sort of ashamed now. He had been so angry at Luke that he honestly forgot he was a human being. 

"Who should we talk to?" Drake asked, resting back into the chair.

"I have a friend taking classes in junior law at school. Isaiah?" Michael said, looking around for a reaction.

"Oh yeah, I think I have Chemistry class with him," Trent said, trying to sooth Drake by rubbing his back.

"I'll call him. Should he come over-"

"Yes, yes, I don't think we should discuss it over the phone," Drake replied quickly. He'd seen a few crime films in his day, and he knew that calls could be listened to somehow. Now, he realized, he was paranoid. 

Michael took his phone out and left the room to call Isaiah. When he left, Drake's head collapsed on Trent's shoulder. 

"I'm scared, T." He said, hugging Trent's arm.

"Don't worry. He went to the hospital anyway. He'll probably be good as new soon." He was convincing himself and Drake. 

Drake's breath hitched and he looked up at Trent, "What if I don't want him better." 

Trent sighed, "I don't either, and that is kind of messed up for both of us. But, we may not be able to go around the law."

Drake grabbed his boyfriend's hand, "Here's hoping."

They both smiled at that.

---

"So run me by the thing one more time," Isaiah spoke, putting his palms together in a praying gesture and holding it up to his mouth.
He had light brown hair and glasses, which made him look smarter than most. He just had that look. He had been in the school's law program for a couple of years, now that he was a junior. He had, obviously, never been in a real law case, so he took his chances with Drake.