Chapter Fifteen: Fear

"The movie's gonna start soon," Trent said to Drake, who was pumping butter onto a big bucket of popcorn. 

"Yeah, yeah, hold on." He grabbed a few napkins and held the popcorn bucket close to his stomach in his arm. Trent crossed his arms and smiled. This felt like a normal date; It didn't feel like they would have to worry about the law stuff or the murder of Luke. Now, they could relax and be together without intense worrying. 

"That's a lot of butter, Little Duck. You gonna eat all of that?" Trent reached over to pick some piece out anf threw them into his mouth, chuckling.

Drake scoffed, "How dare you!" He yanked the bucket away, dropping a few pieces onto the carpeted movie theater building floor. They were going to see Us, the newest horror film on. Trent honestly recommended it because he always liked the idea of Drake burying his head in his arm when he's scared of something on the screen. Although, Drake probably isn't afraid of many things.

They were sat in the middle of the theater in the sweet spot Michael had told them about, where the audio speakers hit you just right and you could see every part of the screen equally. When they sat down Trent mentally thanked him for the information. 
There were other people in the theater, but not many since the movie came out a few days ago. Most people came on opening night. Drake sat down and placed the popcorn bucket in Trent's lap. 

"You keep it, we both know you'll eat more of it." He said, reaching into the bucket again.

"Yeah, and you'll have to keep reaching between my legs." Trent grinned, and Drake nudged the bucket towards him making it go all over him.

"Aww, man..." Trent looked down, causing Drake to grin in satisfaction. 

"You'll have to reach between your own legs," Drake smirked and crossed his arms, leaning back in his chair. 

"You are so smug, you know that?" Trent squinted at him, still picking popcorn off of his clothes. 

"So are you, T." He raised his eyebrows and crossed his legs. 

Trent fake coughed, "Littlemancomplex." Drake lightly elbowed him and smiled.

The first previews began as the lights dimmed, and Drake leaned his head on Trent's upper arm. This was close to Trent's dream, so he kissed the smaller boy on the head. Most of the previews were for other horror movies about to come out. Some of them had already been mentioned by Michael more than once in a conversation, which Drake giggly pointed out to Trent. 

The lights went completely dark, which meant the movie began. Trent tossed another pair of popcorn pieces into his mouth, and then looked over to see Drake had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

-----

Drake had never been one to dream. The last dream he remembered was over a year ago, and a small portion of it. Lucid dreaming had been something he'd heard of but was too afraid to try because it could cause sleep paralysis. He'd read about it on his computer, but he never tried to induce it. Lucid dreaming is where the dreamer is aware they are dreaming, so they could control their dream to a certain extent. 

In the movie theater, Drake had his first ever lucid dream. Well, lucid nightmare, so to speak. He 'woke up' in the same seat he was resting in. Except, he was asleep. 

He stood up from his chair, and he turned to see himself sitting in the seat still laying his head on Trent's shoulder. He was watching himself sleep, and he was completely present. Everyone else in the theater was staring at a completely white screen, flashing dark and light. Probably what the extent of the movie was for him through closed eyelids. No one in the theater was blinking.