Chapter 1

Your name, Y/n Parker. You live with your father in Brooklyn. It's not that horrible, considering your impeccable grades.

"Oh crap," you say as you glance at your watch and throw on your uniform.

You swing your backpack around your shoulders while trying to put your shoes on. When you finally pull on your shoes, you run down towards the busy sidewalk of Brooklyn.

While you pass by your old school, that Miles just got out of, your old friends greet you. You simply smile and wave, continuing on your walk.

When you make it to Miles' house, you straighten your outfit and knock politely. You hear the door click and open briefly afterwards.

"Ah Y/n!! It's so good to see you sweetie!" Miles' mom, Rio Morales, greets you kindly with a hug.

"Hi Mrs.Morales. Is Miles ready?" You ask with a smile.

"He's still upstairs," she says with a wink. You give a playful eye roll. You head towards the stairs, not without talking to Miles' dad, Jefferson Morales.

"Hello Mr. Morales. Nice to see you again sir," you say with a joking solute.

"At ease solider," He chuckles and side hugs you.

"How's your father?" He asks, trying to make conversation.

"Good. Workaholic, as usual," you say while going upstairs in the process.

"Like father like daughter?" Jeff asks. "Maybe," you reply quietly with a shrug as you reach the last step of the stairs.

You move quietly to Miles' room and put an ear up to his door. You hear humming and singing from the other side. You recognized the song, even though he only sang the parts that he knew.

It was Sunflower by Most Palone. That was your guys' song. You sang it together all the time.

You lightly knock on the door, but he doesn't hear. So you quietly slip into the room and sit on his bed. He was coloring stickers with his own special designs.

You smirk as you tap his shoulder, making him a jump a bit. You laugh while he catches his breath.

"My God Y/n. You- you scared me," he says as he clenches his chest, where his heart is.

"You have a good voice, ya know... You should consider singing," your smirk grew as a his cheeks heat slightly.

"You need to learn how to knock," he retorts as he stands and hugs you, changing the subject quickly.

"I did knock. And you need to learn how to be on time," you say as you glance down at your watch. His eyes widen.

"Oh crap. Can you get my clothes?" He asks as he points to his hamper full of clothes and then his empty suitcase.

"Yeah, you get your books," you say as you fold his clothes swiftly but neatly into his suitcase. You glance at him and see him struggling to shove all of his books into his bag.

You chuckle and zip up his suitcase. He looks at you with a book in his mouth. You grab the book from between his teeth.

"Come on, can't be late on day one," You tease as you push his shoulder roughly. He stumbles as you run down the stairs.

"Hey! You'll pay for that!" Miles calls down to you as he drags his luggage towards the stairs. You quickly hide behind the counter in the kitchen.

You see Mr.Morales giving you a confused look. You put a finger up to your lips, telling him to stay quiet.

You hear Miles walking around, throwing a few more things in his backpack and then looks at his dad.

'Where is she?' Miles mouths to his father. 'Behind the counter' he mouths back. You glare jokingly at Mr.Morales.

'Trader' you mouth at Mr.Morales. He chuckles and watches his son.

"Gotcha!" Miles exclaims as he jumps from one side of the counter. You laugh as you try and run, but Miles was a step ahead.

He wraps his arms around you, immobilizing you. You laugh and try to break free as he tickles you.

The Morales' give an approving look.

"Come on you two, you need to go," Rio says as Miles finally releases you from his grip.

"In a minute!" Miles says as he takes a spoonful of soup that his mother just made. You grab his roller suit case and head for the door.

"I'll be taking you guys," Jefferson says with his chest puffed out a bit. "No dad, we can walk. It's fine," Miles replies as he grabs your arm, heading out the door.

Mrs.Morales snags him back and gave him a bunch of kisses all over his face. You grin as he receives his mothers love, something you never got from your own.

"Mom! We've got to go," Miles complains.

"In a minute!" Rio mocks her son. You snicker as he playfully rolls his eyes at you.

After saying their goodbyes, Rio embraces you. She places a soft kiss on your forehead.

"Make sure he doesn't do anything stupid," she says with a smile, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear.

"I'll try my best Mrs.Morales, but you know your son," you reply with a shrug and a laugh. She laughs softly as you both start walking away.

"I hope to see both of you this Friday," she calls out to you with a wave. You wave back as Miles hands you a few stickers.

"Ready?" He asks with a smirk. "Ready," you repeat as you crack your knuckles.

You both run down the street, putting his custom made stickers in various places, like the mailbox, newspaper machine, and lastly a street sign. He jumps and attaches the last sticker.

He stands proud in front of you, then he trips on his untied shoelaces. You gasp as he brings you down with him. His back lands on the road with you right next to him, your arm over his chest.

Once you steady yourself, you groan and see that you were halfway resting on Miles. You feel your cheek grow warmer as you move your arm off him. And just your luck, a cop car pulls up right beside you and Miles.

"Crap..."
<<<•••>>>
1051 word count. Until the next chapter. -Kay