Chapter 16

"And now we're just trying to find a way home," Peni Parker says as she looks down with a sad face.

"The only way home is back through the collider gizmo. The only trouble is," "One of us had to stay back and destroy it," Spider Ham cuts off Spider Noir.

"I'll do it," Peni, Ham, Noir and Gwen say.

"No no no no you don't get it," Miles says as he runs his hand through his hair.

"Don't get what?" Peni asked, and on cue they all glitched, except for you and Miles. Everyone else was on the ground clenching into different body parts that hurt the worst.

"None of you can stay here. If you stay here, you'll die. Me and Y/n are the ones who is going to turn it off and we're going to get you all home before we do. Look, we made a promise. So we have to keep it," Miles says as he takes a hold of your hand. Everyone looks at the two of you.

"Who are they again?" Spider Noir asks. You glare harshly at him and walk towards him. Peter quickly jumps in and pulls you back to him and Miles.

"This is Y/n and Miles. They are going to save the multiverse," Peter says with confidence. "Yeah man," Miles replies as you crack your neck.

"These kids can turn invisible! Watch this... right... now!" Peter says.

As soon as the word 'now' left his mouth you turned invisible, hiding from the group. Miles, on the other hand, could not do it on command.

"I can't do it on command," Miles says as he puts his hands on his hips. You become visible again as the spiders stare at you instead of Miles.

"He can't do it on command. But it is cool. Show them the zappy thing, guys," Peter says. You put your hand out and send electric sparks out of it, while Miles fails again.

"I can't do it on command," Miles says again. "He can't do it on command," Peter says and looks at you.

"But she can!! We can count on both of them right?" Peter says, trying to be convincing.

"Look I've seen them in action. They've got potential. I think they'll get us home. And if not Miles then definitely Y/n," Gwen says, the last sentence a little quieter. Spider Noir steps up.

"Okay guys, Kingpin's gonna send a lot of mugs after ya, I'm talking hard boys, real biscuit boxers. Can you fight them all off at once?" Noir says a she puts his hands up, ready to fight.

"I've never actually fought anyone before-," Miles says as you glare hard at Noir. "Surprise attack!" He exclaims as he tried to sweep your legs out from under you.

You jump over and send a hard front kick to his chest, knocking him back. You didn't realize Mikes fell for the legs sweep, brought by Noir.

"Can you re-wire a mainframe while being shot at?" Peni asks as she blows a bubble. "Try me!" You snap back.

"Surprise attack!" Noir says as you dodge his punches and uppercut him to the ground. Miles was still on the ground, so you helped him up.

"Can you swing and flip with the grace of a trained dancer?" Gwen adds. You glare at her. "Got a tutorial?" You question with sarcasm.

"Can you help your aunt create an online dating profile so she can get out of the dang house once in a while?" May adds.

"What?!" You exclaim as you look at her funny.

"Can you float through the air when you smell a delicious pie?" Spider ham asks as he floats in the air.

"Huh?!" Miles asks as they continue pushing and pushing both of you, Miles the worst.

You saw Noir, Gwen, Ham and Peni in front of Miles' face.

Your stomach started to knot together...
Flashback-
Kingpin puts a hand up to Prowler, stopping him.

"I know what you're trying to do.
And it won't work. They're gone," Peter says as he glances in your direction.

Kingpins face dropped as he raises both of his huge fists and bring them both down on Peter, delivering the death blow himself.
End of Flashback-
You felt something inside of you snap, something that had never happened before.

Your heartbeats raises as your anger fills your body. You stand to your feet as electric shocks are coming from your entire body.

The spider team backs off of Miles and looks at you.

"Back. Up," your voice was dark and scary, they hadn't seen anything like it before.

As you jumped into the air in the middle of the group, you brought your fist down into the ground. Your venom strike was at least 50x more stronger than normal, meaning everyone got knocked back into a wall, besides Miles. You breath heavily as you turn towards Miles.

"Are you okay?" You ask as you kneel down to him. He nods with a sad frown. You help Miles up and walk toward the elevator. You and him both turn invisible as you move upwards towards the exit.

You throw on a zip up jacket and rest your mask on your forehead, showing your compassionate look towards Miles.

He smiles lightly as you walk away from Aunt Mays house. You continue walking as Miles listens to his phones voicemails. You and him decided to swing by Uncle Aaron's place.

You knew Miles needs space from the team, so you took him to the next best thing. You opened the window quietly and hopped in, helping Miles in afterwards.

When you made sure no one was in the house, you nodded at Miles. He picked up a piece of paper and a marker. You walked over to him and plopped down beside him on the couch.

"Dear Uncle Aaron, I gotta do something and I don't know if I can do it. I'm scared man. I'm just tired of letting everybody down. You're the only one I can talk to besides Y/n. I just wish you were here," Miles letter wrote.

You sighed and patted him on the back, motioning that it was time to go. Miles nodded, but as he was about to stand a figure appeared outside of the window.

It was a tall, lanky figure that wore all black. You immediately turn invisible as Miles does too, out of fear. The next thing you see are claws attaching to the bottom of the window.

You quickly pull your mask down and jump behind the couch, as Miles hides behind the TV. Prowler looks around the room, a feeling of something off lingered in his stomach.

You quickly and quietly climbed up the wall and towards the window. Your body bent in ways your never even thought was possible as you land quietly outside.

Prowler jerked behind the TV, looking for something or someone. Miles stared up at Prowler, he was inches away from a super villain. If he didn't have invisibility, he would be beyond dead by now. Then Prowler started talking into his com.

"Hello, Mr. Fisk. I've got the security tapes from the tunnel right here. If those kids are out there, I'll find them," Prowlers deeps voice spoke clearly as Miles quietly backs up toward the window, where you waited.

You watch as Prowler reaches for his mask and rips it off.

"You know me sir...I never quite," the man says. His face was revealed. It was Aaron, Uncle Aaron. You held back a gasp. As Miles finally made it to you.

But he was careless and ran into the leaves of a small plant. Aaron looked back suspiciously and put his mask back on.

You and Miles ran down the emergency rails. Unfortunately, Prowler used his infrared lens and saw the two of you running down....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1314 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜