Chapter 19

(There's a song, don't play it till I say)
The word rang in your head. 'That's all it is Miles... a leap of faith...' Your rage turned into a soft and subtle pain.

Miles sat in his chair, looking outside. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you thought about what Peter had said. He was right. You only powered your abilities by rage.

Rage for Kingpin, rage for Peter and Aaron's death... Rage.. for pain. That's all it was. You hid behind a powerful mask of confidence and sarcasm, but on the other side of that mask..was pain.

From when you lost your mom... till now. Actions can be powered by emotions, but yours were too powerful.

Your tears dried as your breathing slowed. You could easily break through the webbing, only you didn't want to. Peter was right, and you were dangerous. A knock at the door broke you out of thought.

"Miles! Miles, it's your Dad.." Jeff called from the other side of the door.

"Please open the door," Jeff begged as Miles rolled his chair over towards the door. "Miles, I can see your shadow moving around," Jeff said and sighs.

"Look sometimes, people drift apart, Miles. And I don't want that to happen to us, ok? Look, I know I don't always do what you need me to do or say what you need me to say, but I'm... I see this...this spark in you. It's amazing, it's why I push you. But it's yours and whatever you choose to do with it, you'll be great," Jeff finishes as Miles rest his head against the door.

"I love you Miles... but you don't have to say it back..." Jeff ends as he stands at the door, waiting for it back.

Miles looked at you desperately, he wanted to say it back. He wanted to hug his dad and say it was okay. When Jeff didn't get an answer, he taps the door farewell and walked away.

Miles sat in the seat for a beat and closed his eyes.  You watch Miles intently as his hands visibly relax and his venom strike comes through to his hands.

His eyes flicker with lightning as he breaks from Peters webbing. You smiled, happiness overflowing your body. Then Ganke bolts up, you and Miles both turn invisible.

As soon as he goes back to sleep, you and Miles become visible.

"Miles! You can do it on command!" You say with a smile as he walks towards you.

"I know, about time," he says with a smirk. You smile as you look down. "Come on, lets get you out. Okay, so use your venom strike to-," "No Miles..." you cut him off.

He looks at you with a brow raised. "What?" He questions with complete confusion.

"Peter was right... I use my rage to control my powers. I'm dangerous," you say as your head drops, in an embarrassed way.

Miles put his hand against the wall beside your head. You blush as he gets closer to you. "Then turn that rage into love."

"You loved Peter, so use that love and those memories to do the right thing," Miles said with a serious look.

You look up into his eyes and see determination. You thought about his words. The pain slowly went away, as your memories of Peter began to run.
Flashback-
"Y/n! Come on, we're going to be late!" 18 year old Peter yelled to you.

Your small 8 year old body ran over to Peter and jumped into his car.

"You two be careful! Be back by 8:00 PM sharp!" Aunt May yelled from the doorway, as your father stood beside her. As Peter back out of the drive, you jumped up and down with excitement.

"What flavor are you going to get Y/n?" Peter asks with a smile. You grin with excitement. "Probably (fav ice cream flavor)," you say as you play with your toy bear. Peter chuckled.

"You always get that," Peter says as he drives downtown. "It's my favorite!" You say as your arms flail in the air.
Flashback end-
(Play the song now) You smile, remembering Peter didn't only buy you ice cream, but a puppy.

Your eyes welled up, missing those happy memories. You look up as your eyes flicker with lightning as well. When you land on the ground skillfully, you stand and smirk. "Let's do this..."
Time Skip-
You and Miles walked up to Peters padlock. It opened on its own as you and Miles step onto the elevator.

As soon as you're on the bottom floor, you see Aunt May sitting in a chair, drinking tea. She looked up with a mischievous look. "Took you long enough," she smirks.

(Voice over: Jeff- "I see this spark in you. It's amazing. Whatever you choose to do with it you'll be great")

Miles finds Peters 16 year old suit from 10 years ago and grabs it.

(Voice over: Aaron- "You're guys are the best of all of us. I know you both will do great things...You guys on your way..")

You throw Miles a black and red spray paint can as he colors the suit. When he's done, he looks at you and nods. The Aunt May leads you to another suit, exactly fitted for you. You smile brightly and hug her.

"Now go," she whispers as you pull away from the hug and grab the suit.

(Voice over: Miles- "When will I know I'm Spider-Man?")
Time Skip-
You and Miles are on the top of a building, the back of his shoes on the edge of the building as you walk up to him. Your new suit fitting you snugly as Miles looks at you up and down (pic above👆)

(Voice over: Peter- "You won't, it's a leap of faith. That's all it is Miles. A leap of faith...")

You look at Miles with confidence. His suit was completely black with a red spray pained spider on his chest.

"This is it Miles... this is the leap of faith," you say as you come up to his face. You, yourself, was taking a leap of faith. You lifted up his mask, along with yours, just over the mouth.

As you placed your lips into his, you both fell over the side of the building. Still falling, Miles put his hands around your waist as he fell back first downwards.

The kiss was blissful, and it was long over due. Everyone watched and pointed at the new Spideys. Just as you were about to hit the ground, Miles shot a web on the side of the building. He grabbed tightly on your waist and swung on the web.

You giggled through your mask as the wind blew past your face. When Miles set you down on the ground, you kept up with him with your own webs. You laughed as you screamed.

"WOOOOWHOOOOO!!" You laugh as you jump through streets and buildings, next to Miles.

He jumped onto a stone gargoyle that was on the side of a building and lifted up his mask completely, catching his breath. You jumped onto the stone and hugged him.

"Miles, you're amazing!!" You smile as he spins you around. He lifts up your mask to see your beautiful e/c orbs.

"You were better," he smirks as he leans in again. Your lips reconnect as he smirks into the kiss. Your arms, around his neck, tightened as you pulled him deeper into the blissful moment.

When you pulled away, you leaned your forehead onto his. He smiles brightly as he talks.

"Y/n... will you be My Sunflower?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1199 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜