Chapter 20

Meanwhile...
The spider gang exits off a city bus, everyone giving them strange looks. They swing up to the top of a crane, looking down at Kingpins penthouse, filled with visitors.

"Kingpin has a private elevator entrance from his penthouse to the collider below," Peni says from inside the large robot. How could she get around with that huge thing?

They all swing into the side of the building, where there were glass windows above.

"Didn't count on having an audience," Spider Noir says as he looks down at everyone inside. There were over 30 tables, and each table was filled with at least 7 people.

A large banner ran across the side of the wall, 'The Peter Parker Memorial Fund.' Everyone's faces dropped under their masks, seeing Kingpin talking about Peter as if they were best pals.

"You've got to be kidding me..." they all said together. Kingpins microphone was loud, releasing his fake words.

"Thank you, it's nice to be with you this evening to celebrate Spider- Man. He and I were very close. He was always a favorite of my son. Kids love Spider-Man, right? Still do..." Kingpin gave a stupid speech and then toasted to the dead hero.

"What a pig," Gwen mutters as she glares at the box shaped man. "I'm right here," Spider Ham says with a straight face.

She raises a brow as she looks back at the gathering.

"Hold on, get a load of how the waiters are dressed. It's in poor taste but-," Spider Noir cuts himself off as they all look at the waiters. They all had a tacky Spiderman mask on with a tux and bow ties.

"It can't be that easy..." Noir trails.
Time Skip-
"It's that easy," Noir said as they walk in.

Noir carried a serving tray while Peter and Gwen pushed a large cart, which was really Sp//dr robot underneath acting as a rolley table.

"And I just want to thank Mary Jane Parker for being here this evening. Our prayers are with you Mrs. Parker," Kingpin continued. MJ stood as Peter stopped dead in his tracks.

"MJ?" Peter questions as she stands from her seat. She wore a red shoulder dress, that complements her curvy body.

"Pay attention! It's not the same MJ, Peter," Gwen says as she tries to get Peter back on task.

"I'm sorry... I'll be right back," Peter says as he walks towards her table. "No! Peter! Come here here! Trust me, I've been there. You gotta move on buddy," Gwen says with sympathy.

"This will just take one sec. Let me just-Oh" Peter was brought face to face with MJ.

"Hello," She says politely. "Oh... wow," Peter says through his mask. He admired her red fiery hair and her cute freckles across the bridge of her nose and onto her cheeks.

"Um, I just wondered if we could have some more bread at table twelve," she says softly.

"Yeah! I'm just, I'm really sorry..." Peter trailed. Gwen looked horrified...

"Oh, don't need to be sorry. It's just bread," MJ said, confused at Peters weirdness.

"No, I wasn't there when you needed me-," "Mhmm..." MJ hummed as Peter continued.

"And I didn't even try," Peter says as he looks down. "That's fine. I should really get going..." MJ said as she took a step back.

"I know I could do better if I just had another chance to give you... [realizing]...the bread that you deserve," Peter finished, feeling foolish.

"Are you okay?" MJ asks, a bit concerned. "Ma'am we'll take care of that bread right now," Gwen jumps in quickly, trying to recover from Peters incident.

"It's been nice, uh... talking to you," Mary says as she walks to her table. "For you they should fill this place up with fresh bread," Peter mutters as she walks away. Gwen ushers Peter towards the kitchen.

"You alright man?" Gwen asks as she pats his back. "Yeah. Totally," Peter says as he rubs his covered face.

"Okay good, cause we are not getting any bread," Gwen says as they zoom off. Some of the tables begin to wobble, as if another 'earthquake' is going to hit.

"I'm just sorry my family can't see what we're doing tonight.." Kingpin finishes his speech. After a minute, Kingpin comes walking down a grand hallway and into an elevator, nodding to his two bodyguards beside the door.

As soon as the elevator door is closed, the spider gang on the ceiling web both of the guards up.

"Sleeeeeeppppp," Noir whispers as he shoots webbing over both of their eyes. Then Noir kicks the elevator doors, that come off quiet easily. They all jump down the elevator shaft...
In the Lab-
"Start the sequence," Kingpin says to one of the scientists.

"Uploading Vanessa Fisk and Richard Fisk DNA sequence," one of them say.

"Beginning scan for dimensional matches," another adds. Doc Ock, who was standing by, fires the collider. He's trying to bring his family back from another dimension...... After realization, the spider gang arrives just as it begins.

The five of them made their was to the top of the collider, acting as if they were in the military. Dimensional quaking had already begun. The buildings outside being morphed by reality, switching from dimension to dimension.

Peter stood next to Gwen, all of them apprehensive, or even terrified to end this. They all glitched at separate times, at random.

"Peter, you don't have to stay behind. I can do it," Gwen says as Peter winces as he glitches. "No... I've already made up my mind," Peter says as he shoots a web up on the roof of the collider, the others following.

"I'll put the goober in and take over the beam. After you're gone, I'll blow it up," Peter says as he crawls towards the panel.

"Good luck guys," he says to the gang behind him. Peter punches the correct panel and pulls it off. Just as he was about to put the goober in, everyone got a Spidey sense.

"They know we're here," Gwen says shakily. Peter quickly tries to shove the goober in, but is stopped by a tentacle coming from the ceiling.

"Nice to see you again, Peter," Doc Ock says as she slams him into the ceiling. The others lunge to help him, but Kingpins minions were already lined up, shooting at them.

Spider Noir was getting shot at while glitching, not best case scenario... Peni tried to cover but she took the damage even worse, banging up her robot. Gwen swings around and slides down a gantry crane.

"These guys are pissed..." she says as she glitches and falls down the crane a bit. Peter, on the ceiling still, tried to put the goober in, but it was the wrong way.

"Why is this always difficult.." Peter grunts as Doc Ock pulls him away from the panel again.

"Where you going Peter?" She asks as one of her tentacles wraps around his neck and pulls him into a dangle above the portal.

"Any last words?" She asks with an evil smile. "Can I get a minute to think about it? Do you have a pen?" Peter asks as he struggles for air. She chuckles.

"Goodbye Peter Parker...."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1196 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜