Chapter 22

"Yeah, yeah right," Peter says apprehensively. He looks down for a second, then all three of your Spidey senses went off.

You turn to your right and see Kingpin hopping across buildings, getting closer to you.

"You're not going ANYWHERE!!" He yells at Peter. "I'll hold him off, you guys shut it down!" Peter yells as he jumps away from the panel.

You scoff and follow him, Miles on your tail. "Peter that wasn't the deal!" Miles yelled as you webbed Peter backwards, towards you.

"Y/n?! What are you doing?!" He yells at you. "We're getting you home!! We made a promise!" You scream back.

"This guy could kill you guys!! I can't let Spider Man and Spider Girl die!" Peter exclaims.

"Neither can WE!" You and Miles yell at the same time. "It's okay," Peter says softly.

"Yeah, it is okay," Miles says as you back up. Miles sweeps Peter legs out from under him and holds him suspended over the portal. It looks exactly like when Peter challenged Miles in his dorm room before tying him up. You squat down on the edge of the ledge.

"You got to go home man," Miles says with empathy. "Go get mom back," you say with a smile.

"How do I know I'm not going to mess up again?" Peter questions. "You won't..." Miles says, with his mask still on his forehead. Peter chuckled.

"Right. It's a leap of faith..." Peter says as he looks at both of you. "Take care of her... will ya?" Peter says as he readys himself.

Miles smiles as you stand beside him. Miles let's go of Peter suit and let's him fall backwards.

"Not bad kids...." he whispers and then he was gone... You glanced at Miles and nodded. You pulled your mask down and turned invisible, as Miles pulled his down and stayed visible in front of Kingpin.

"Kingpin!!" Miles yelled from across the sideway building. Miles charged but Kingpin double hammer fisted down on the building, sending a wave of force back onto Miles.

He slide back a bit and waited for you to take your position. Kingpin pulls out a gun, whilst the action. You smirk as you web the gun out of his hand and web his face up.

"That's cheatin bud," you say as you come behind him and kick him down to the ground.

You roll over towards Miles and see a random train coming. You both shoot a web at the speeding train and hitch a ride. You climb into the subway car and turn invisible, as Miles stays visible.

"Y/n... can you get to that button?" He whispers from the outside of the train. "Yeah, I got it-," you get cut off by Kingpin grabbing your thin figure and smashing you down into the train floor.

Your invisibility powers flickered back and forth. Kingpin then grabbed Miles' face through a window and pin his against the wall of the subway.

"I can't wait to kill two more spider freaks," Kingpin says as you successfully turn completely invisible and climb up the side of the train, behind Kingpin.

Strangely, he gets distracted by particles of his wife and son, seeing him about to kill Miles.

"What?" Kingpin whispers. He sees flashbacks of his son and wife running away from him.

"Is this what you really wanted..." you whisper in one of his ears. You dodge him as he tried to grab you. Eventually, he lets go of Miles and runs to 'catch' his flashback.

"Vanessa? Vanessa! Richard?!" Kingpin called out. They ran out, ashamed that they witnessed Kingpin about to kill Spiderman.

"Don't go! Stay with me!! Please!" He called out to them. As he's distracted, you web Miles and pull him out of the train.

"Y/n... you got to go press that button," Miles says, tiredly. "I'm not leaving you here," you say out of breath as you put your foreheads together.

"We got this-," you get cut off by Kingpin busting through the roof of the train and grabbing both of you.

"Neither of you are stopping this! Not today!!" Kingpin say says he slams you both into the Brooklyn Bridge. You groan as you stand back up, next to Miles.

"We're stopping this... RIGHT NOW!!" You yell as you attack Kingpin first. He tried to punch you but you slide between his legs and stand up behind him.

You dead leg him and kick him forwards, venom striking him on the way down. You do a flip off of him, or at least attempt to. In mid flip, he grabs your ankle and slams you into the hard concrete.

Miles went next. He brutally slams Miles onto the ground as well. Kingpin charges at Miles but you wouldn't let it. You shot a web at Kingpins leg and pulled it out from under him. He turned around and kicked you harshly over the side of the bridge.

"NOOO!!!!!" Miles yells as Kingpin attacks him. Kingpin grabs Miles slings him against a pile of debris. Miles smashes into the ground, tries to get up but slips.

You, on the other hand, crawled under the bridge to the other side. You, invisibly, ran up behind Kingpin as he spoke to Miles.

"The real Spider-Man couldn't even beat me. You're nothing!" He spit down to Miles.

"You took my family, and now I'm gonna make sure you never see yours again," Kingpin said as he lifts his fists to hit Miles again.

"I heard being electrocuted makes you dumber, want to test that theory?" You question once you made it to Kingpin.

Your fists slammed onto the concrete behind him, throwing his at least 150 feet back. You fell to your knees as you crawled to Miles.

"It's almost done Miles.... we're almost there," you whisper as you stand on your wobbly knees. You had just now noticed Miles' father, Jeff, in the control room, watching you both work.

You try to stable yourself and shoot a web towards the panel above, but it doesn't make it. You hear the thundering footsteps of Kingpin getting closer.

You hear his scream and as you turn around you see two fists coming down into your back. Then again. Then again. Three times... he did it.

Miles felt something snap... something break. He made a promise to protect you... he's going to keep it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1063 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜