Chapter 8

"Peter!" You say quietly. You run over to him and push off some metal and concrete away from him.

"Hey! Are you okay?" Miles asks as he helps you.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Just resting," Peter says, trying to play it off.

You roll your eyes and try to lift Peter, he refuses to work with you.

"Can't you get up?" You ask angrily. "Yeah, Yeah. I always get up," Pete says but is cut off by a cough.

"The coughing probably isn't a good sign," he says as you try harder and harder to lift him.

"Y/n... stop," he whispers as he yanks his arm from you.

"No, you're going to get up and you're going to be just fine!" You say as you start to tear up.

"Y/n.." Peter says gently as he takes your hand.

"Listen to me. We don't have much time. Take this.. This override key is the only way to stop the collider. Swing up there, use this key, push the button, and blow it up," he says to you as he puts the USB into your hands.

You nod and give it to Miles, making sure he knew what to do as well.

Peter glances around before making eye contact with you, with a serious expression.

"You need to hide your face, both of you. You don't tell anyone who you are. No one can know. He's got everyone in his pocket," Peter adds as noise from above can be heard.

"What?" Miles asks. Peter ignores his confusion.

"If he turns the machine on again, everything you know will disappear. Our family, everyone- everyone. Promise me you'll do this," Peter says as he looks at you with hope.

"I-I promise. We promise," you say as a tear rolls down your cheek.

"Promise you'll take care of her pal, she's a good one to have," Pete says as he looks at Miles sincerely.

"I promise," Miles replies with a nod.

"I love you little Y/n," Peter says as he pulls you into a hug.

"I love you too Spidey," you reply "In my shed outback. You'll know what to do from there," he says as he releases you from the hug.

"Take her and go," Peter tells Miles as you sob. Miles nods and takes your hand.

"Bye Pete," you whisper as you walk away with Miles.

"Bye, Y/n," Peter says back, his voice faltering. Miles quickly puts you behind some metal, the himself.

He was about to take off towards the panel to destroy the collider, but he pauses and waites. You sat where you could see Peter and everyone around him.

Miles squats down beside you, watching as well. Kingpin shoos another scientist away from him as he walks towards Peter, rolling up his sleeves.

"I'd say it's nice to see you again, Spider-Man. But it's not," Kingpin speaks as he walks closer to Pete.

"Hey Kingpin. How's business?" Pete asks, nonchalantly. "Booming, ha!" Kingpin replies with a laugh.

"Nice..." Pete trails off.

Kingpin rips Pete mask off, revealing a 26 year old blonde with piercing blue eyes, your cousin.

"That's a no-no," Pete says as he doesn't move. "This might open a black hole under Brooklyn. It can't be worth the risk," Spiderman says as he looks at Kingpin.

"It's not always about the money, Spiderman," he replies with venom. Prowler appears from the shadows with his claws.

"Oh great," Pete groans as Prowler advances. "Don't you want to know what I saw in there?" Peter asks frantically. Kingpin puts a hand up to Prowler, stopping him.

"I know what you're trying to do. And it won't work. They're gone," Peter says as he glances in your direction.

Kingpins face drops as he raises both of his huge fists and bring them both down on Peter, delivering the death blow himself.

"Get rid of the body," Kingpin says with no emotion.

You whimper as you flinch away from Kingpin. While doing so, a piece of rubble fell, giving away your position. You both stand and take off back towards the subways.

"Kill them," Kingpin orders Prowler as he takes off, right behind you.

You and Miles race down the tunnels. Your breath uneven as your heart goes faster and faster. Miles lifts you over the fence swiftly, him following you. You hear the Prowler close behind.

You grab Miles' hand and run faster with him. Then, a subway car headed straight towards you two. Miles jumped onto the ceiling as you jumped to the side. You crawl sideways, like a spider, towards the entrance of the subway.

As you advance, you realize Miles was stuck to the ceiling.

"Come on Miles," you say as you unstick to the wall and pull him down. Prowler was only a few steps behind you now.

You ran faster and faster until you made it out, just before behind crushed by another subway car. Meaning Prowler was still in the tunnel. Miles ran up the stairs quickly, with you following.

Prowler watches from the shadowy tunnel, not able to chase after you yet. After the subway passes, he jumps onto his motorcycle and took off into the city, trying to find the two kids who witnessed the whole thing.

Prowler zooms through the busy streets of Brooklyn, not noticing Miles hiding behind a large street cone and you, behind a large mail box.

You sigh as you watch Prowler go out of sight. Miles jumps down from the cone and runs towards you, who was now lying on the ground.

"Y/n?" He asks as he stands over you.

He saw the tears rolling down your face, he knew what to do. He helps you up and hugs you.

You hug back, needing him right now.

"It's okay Y/n. I'm here," he says quietly as he runs his fingers through your soft hair.

Your breathing steadies as you wipe away your tears. He made you look at him in the eyes.

"I'm not leaving," he says softly as he cups your face lightly. You put your forehead on his and nod.

"Okay..."
<<<•••>>>

Miles opens the window at his parents house and hoists you into his room first. When you were in, you help him up.

He hugs you again once you were both safely in his normal home.

You drop to your knees and sob, once again. Miles picks you up bridal style and lays you on his bed.

He gently lays beside you and wraps his arms around you.

"Police! Put your hands up!! Miles? Y/n?" Jefferson walks into Miles' room. Jefferson and Rio see you and him together.

"Why aren't you at school?" Jeff asks first as Rio came and stood by him. You turn around and show them your red, teary eyes.

"Y/n, sweetie? What's wrong? Was it the earthquake?" Rio asks as she bends down and wipe a tear away.

"Can we sleep here tonight?" Miles asks, his eyes glossed over.

"It's a weeknight-," "Jeff... they're upset," Rio cuts him off. They share a look, as Jeff's softens.

"Of course you can stay," Jeff says lovingly.

"Do you really hate Spiderman?" You ask Jeff, as a few more tears drip.

"Yeah?" He answers, confused. "Jeff, mi amor," Rio say as she pushes him out of the room.

"What? She asked me. Baby, you know how I feel about Spider-Man, c'mon..." Jeff trails off as he walks away. Rio smiles sweetly as she looks at the two of you.

"Get some sleep you two, you'll need it," she says as she kisses yours and Miles' head.

You nod and snuggle back into Miles hold, wishing all of this was just a bad dream...
<<<•••>>>
1285 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜