Chapter 4

"You know about the shoulder touch?" Aaron asks as he stands up and in front of Miles and yourself.

"Of course I do! But tell me anyways," Miles says as he doodles in his notebook, shrugging his shoulders casually.

"Tomorrow find that girl, walk up to her and be like..." Aaron pauses and went on a knee in front of you. He put his hand on your shoulder and gave you that look.

"Hey~," Aaron finishes. You bust out laughing and shake your head at his ridiculousness.

"You serious Uncle Aaron?" Miles asks, laughing at your reaction.

"I'm telling you man... it's science.." Aaron replies as he nods his head, crossing his arms as he stands back to his feet.

Aaron continues telling Miles about the shoulder touch. Meanwhile, Miles tries it out on you, but you keep laughing and chuckling. You feel your cheeks warm at Miles' last attempt, which was the best by far.

"Look there! Uncle Aaron's still got it!" Aaron cheers with a small dance.

You laugh at Aaron and look back at Miles. He chuckles and glances at you, meeting your gaze. He looks down at his notebook once again, gulping subtly at the moment between you two. Suddenly, his phone buzzes.

You both look down and see a text from Miles dad, reading 'Done with that homework?'. You look at Miles and sigh.

"We should probably go. Still got a papers to do tonight," Miles says as he stands from the couch.

Aaron notices the text and casually, but deliberately, changes the subject to Miles notebook.

"Yo..you've been holding out on me? Have you thrown these up yet?" Aaron asks as he picks up Miles journal, looking at the designs.

"No, man, you know my dad. I can't," Miles relies, shaking his head. Aaron gets up and smirks at the two of you. You look at each other with excitement.

"C'mon. I got a spot you ain't gonna believe."
<<<•••>>>

"We're going to get in so much trouble," Miles whispers as he walks along the subway car tracks.

"How did you know about this place?" You ask Aaron as the three of you walk down the dark tunnel, trying to stay quiet.

"Did an engineering job down here," Aaron replies after a small and hesitant pause before you come up to a floor-to-ceiling fence.

Aaron skillfully climbs over the fence and awaits for you and Miles. You smirk as you use the wall and the fence to climb over and land almost perfectly, with a small stumble at the end as you stable your footing.

"Alright Y/n, I see you. You next Miles!" Aaron calls. Miles cracks his neck and starts up the fence.

He struggles getting over and to top it off he falls onto the ground, gracefully landing on his face. He stands up quickly and faces you and Aaron.

"Wassup," Miles says. You laugh and pat his back. After a bit, Aaron leads you both into a huge space.

Empty walls and spiderwebs as far as the eye can see.

"Woah," you and Miles say at the same time.

"BROOKLYN!! Brooklyn! Brooklyn..," Miles' voice rings out, echoing against the walls.

And the walls...gorgeous from every street painting to the next. It's magnificent.

"This is so-," "Fresh," Miles cuts you off with a smirk. Miles sets down his backpack, that he takes everywhere, and looks at the wall, recently cleaned by Aaron.