Chapter 11

"Peter!" You yell as you and Miles run towards the open window. You see him on the fire escape a floor down.

"You okay?" Miles asks as he steps out through the window, you following.

"No I'm not," Peter says as you try to figure out what happened to him.

"What's going on with your body?" Miles questions. "This isn't your dimension, so your atoms are reacting the opposite than they normally would," you say as Peter slowly stands.

"Your right," Peter says. "You know, you could always stay and help us learn how to cope with these powers," you say with a convincing voice.

"Look, I'm not looking for a side gig as a Spider-Man coach. I got a lot going on in my dimension, like a lot," Peter says as he looks at you.

He glitches and stumbles a bit. You snicker.

"You know with great power comes-," "Don't you dare finish that sentence, I'm sick of it [glitch] Want my advice? Go back to being normal kids," Peter says as he waves his hand around.

"You really think thats possible?" You ask, your words dripped in sarcasm. "Yeah, we don't have a choice. Kingpin's got a supercollider. He's trying to kill us," Miles says.

Peter pauses.

"Wait a second, what did you just say?" Peter asks. "Kingpin is trying to kill us?" Miles asks.

"Who cares about that, where the collider?" Peter asks as you and Miles drop down to Peters level.

"Brooklyn, underground Fisk tower," You say, pointing in the round about area.

"Goodbye!" Peter says as he walks down the side of the wall. You simply follow him as Miles struggles to follow your movement.

"Where are you going?" You ask as Peter continues walking.

"When it runs again, I'll just jump in and get back to my life-," "You really think that's going to work?" You ask, cutting Peter off as Miles finally follows you.

"You can't let them run it. I'm supposed to destroy it so it never runs again or everyone's gonna die," Miles argues as he holds onto your arm.

"Or everyone is going to die," Peter mocks Miles. "That's what they always say," Peter says as he turns and looks at you two.

"You really want to risk that? You really want to see me die again? You really want to lose your daughter again?" You ask with attitude.

"Your not my daughter, you're not my Y/n-," "Really? Name one difference," you snap back.

"You're not my blood," he shoots back.

"There's always a little bit of time before everybody dies, and that's when I do my best work," Peter sighs as he looks at the angry face.

Your face softens slightly, knowing he was willing to try to help.

"Aren't you going to need this?" Miles asks as he shows Peter the key. "Ah, you have a goober. Give it," Peter says as he advances against the wall towards you.

"Wait, no. Not so fast. He called it an override key," Miles argues as he pulls back, away from Peter.

"There's always a bypass key, a virus key, a who-cares key I can never remember so I just call it a goober. Give it," Peter advances yet again.

You adjust your web shooter on the wrist, the one that came with the suit the clerk at that store gave you. You were ready to shoot at Peter.

"I need it to destroy the super collider," Miles says as he thinks of a plan. "I need it to get home," Peter says with more force.

Miles immediately throws it into his mouth.

"No! I'll swallow it, don't play with me!" Miles exclaims as you start to laugh. "What?" Peter replies.

He was waiting for Miles to reply so he could snatch the key from his mouth.

"I said-," Peter cur Miles off by shooting a web and snatching it from his mouth.

"Hey!" Miles says in shock. "The collider created a portal that brought me here. And I have to g-[realizing] Did you break this?" Peter says with a :/ face.

"No... it just broke," Miles shrugged. "This is why I only had one kid, why did I even have a kid?" Peter starts assessing his life.

"Can't we make another override key?" You question as you gently take hold of Miles' hand and intertwine them.

"No, we can't do anything. Thanks to you guys I have to re-steal what your guy stole from Alchemax and make another one of these," Peter says as he glances at your hands.

"Look, if we don't turn off the collider after you leave, everyone in this city, my parents, my uncle, even Y/n and millions of others will die, and you're just gonna go home and leave me here to figure this out for myself? You good with that, Spider-Man?" Miles asks as Peter walks up the wall towards the roof.

"Yeah," Peter says as he walks in between you and Miles, breaking the hand holding. Wait, did Peters dad mode just get activated?

You chuckle as he walks into the roof, leaving you and Miles on the wall. You sigh and sit on the wall, as Miles follows you.

He crosses his legs and puts his head in his hands. You, on the other hand, lay your head in his lap and look down with disappointment. You see Peter glance over the edge again.

"What are you guys doing?" He asks as he looks at you. "Making you feel guilty," you say as you put your lip out.

"Is it working?" Miles asks as he looks down at you.

"How could it, no-Look at me, does it look like it's working? No it's.. no it's... ohhhh... [screaming into his jacket] Ahhh!!! No! No! Do not let them win!" Peter talks to himself.

Peter finally sighs and walks backwards, towards you and Miles.

"Alright kids you win. C'mon, we don't have a minute to lose," Peter says as you stand with excitement.

You wrap your arms around Miles, happy your plan worked. His arms snakes around your waist, pulling your body closer.

You pull out of the hug with your arms still around his neck and his hands resting on your waist. You blush at your closeness with him. He blushes too, but doesn't back up.

He actually leaned in a bit, and to your surprise... you didn't pull back either. Just as you about kissed, something attached to your jacket and pulled you to the left.

You look down and see webbing attached to your clothing. You look up and see Peter staring at you two.

"They'll be none of that," Peter says, yeah his dad had just broke through.

You laugh, "Got it dad." You cut the webbing and grab Miles hand, while running towards the window of Aaron's apartment. You use your webbing to grab your bag through the window and drag it towards you.

"Let's go!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1164 word count. Until the next chapter my hero's😘😘 -Kay😜