Chapter 2

"He said WHAT?" Minhyuk yells from his placement on his bed.

I roll my eyes. Minhyuk has always had a flair for the dramatic and this applies to any situation. "Seriously, Minhyuk, it's not a big deal."

Minhyuk gets to his feet abruptly. His eyes are wide and he looks passionate. "So a guy that never gives anyone the time of the day, let alone a full conversation, who also happens to be super hot and by super hot, I mean a drought in the middle of July hot..." Minhyuk pretends to swoon.

"Your point? I think you're a little too preoccupied over his looks. Shownu would be disappointed."

Minhyuk scoffs as I laugh. "What he doesn't know won't kill him," Minhyuk says in an offhand tone with a wave of his hand. "He knows he's the only man in my heart."

I roll my eyes at his romance, but it's true. Even before they were together, Minhyuk and Shownu already belonged to each other. Before we all decided to travel abroad together, Shownu used to even have an apartment with Minhyuk. Why their parents were okay with it is beyond me, but whatever, love is love.

"Anyways," Minhyuk continues, back onto the point, "He doesn't give anyone the time of the day, and then all of sudden you guys have a whole conversation?" He rolls back onto the bed, eyes up to the ceiling.

He darts up suddenly, startling me. 

"What if, like, you know..." Minhyuk looks around as if someone else is listening. 

"He likes you?" he stage whispers. 

I look at him for a moment, his eyes wide and serious, his chest rising and falling... then throw a pillow at him.

"You dork," I say as I chuck the pillow at him, him making an 'oof' of an exhale as it makes contact with him. 

I turn back around in the rolley chair, focusing back on the computer monitor. 

Minhyuk comes up behind me, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"And.... now you're researching this trip," he says softly.

I make a noise deep in my throat, knowing where he's going with this, but refusing to acknowledge it.

"You never research anything," Minhyuk continues, his voice turning more awe-struck.

I nod my head nonchalantly. "Yes, Minhyuk." I say slowly. "That's because everything I need to know is almost always already in my head without the need to research it. I don't know that much about Paris, so research is necessary in this case. "

"Paris... hmmm." Minhyuk thinks out loud.

"Wait, Paris? He's.. he's.. he's taking you to PARIS?" his octave goes up about 300% by the end of his question. 

He grabs the arms of the chair and spins me around. 

"You never said anything about Paris!"

I push off his hands. "So what? Paris has great architecture and is the root of a lot of different foods and phrases and people!"

"But still-"

"Maybe he just likes Parisian women, how about that? I just think it's funny that you're assuming he's gay when he said he has a girlfriend." I turn the chair back around.

I hear Minhyuk scoff, but he thankfully settles back down on the bed. 

"All I'm saying is that Shownu used to say he had a girlfriend, too," Minhyuk mutters.

I turn around and shoot him a death glare.

Minhyuk sighs deeply and throws himself down on the bed with a huff.

"Come on, Hyungwon! Are you really telling me that you don't feel anything for him? At all?"

I open my mouth to tell him exactly how MUCH I don't, but he interrupts me with his hand.

"And you don't think he's hot either, do you?"

My mouth flaps shut.

I could have said no, but we both would have known it was lie. As much as I hate to admit it to myself, I feel something for him. Whether it's attraction or infatuation or jealousy because of the opportunities he has, there is something there, and I'm having a hard time denying it. 

I lean back in the chair. I hate to prove Minhyuk correct like I always do, but I know he already knows how I feel.

"Okay, okay, you got me," I admit, still leaned back, eyes closed. 

Minhyuk giggles from the bed. 

"Why do you sound so guilty, Wonnie? It's not a big deal to like someone!" I hear rustling from the bed and then feel Minhyuk sit beside me. He puts his arms around my shoulders and shakes me gently.

"In the 10 years that I've known you Hyungwon, you've been so focused on making a name for yourself. Even as a 6 year old, you seemed to always know what you wanted in life, what made you happy, and what you wanted to do with your life.

"You've always had such a strong conviction, and I envy that. But, Hyungwon, you can't plan everything in life. Sometimes the best things are surprises, and those surprises become your best things."

I look over at him as he smiles. "Damn, I really know how to say a speech."

I laugh and hug him back. 

"I get it, Minhyuk. I get it. But let's not do too much now, shall we?"

I get up out of the chair and drag Minhyuk towards the door. 

"Well," I say, looking back at him. "If I'm going to be going on a 2 week trip with someone who's, as you so eloquently put it, 'hotter than a drought on the Fourth of July in Mexico', I'd better be dressed well."

"Don't worry. I've got you, aspiring designer to aspiring model."