Chapter 19

I can't help but want to ask Wonho questions.

I look over at his side profile, smiling faintly as we walk side by side.

He's just so interesting! I can't help but want to know more about him!

"What's eating you up?" I look over and Wonho and staring at me.

"What?"

He shakes his head slightly. "You're about to bite your lip off. If you want to ask something, go ahead."

How did he know? Was it that obvious? I try to stop the blush that I know is coming when I think of how well he must know me.

"Well, you said that... You said we were dating." I stutter out, wringing my hands together. "We never even talked about it, let alone agreed to something like that."

I pause. How do I go on from here? Ask him why he liked me? He already said why. Ask him why he wanted to date me? It's obviously because he likes me. I think the confusing part of it is that he wants to date me when I'm so ordinary and he's so... not. My brain keeps catching on it.

"That's not a question." I raise my eyes back to his. They're open and accepting, and I find myself forgetting to be nervous.

"Well, why of all people, do you like me?" It instantly hits me what I just said and I want to cower. Why would you want to point that out? Do you want this to be done already?

I drop my head as Wonho stops and turns his body towards me.

"What did you just say?"

He sounds almost.. Mad. But why would he be mad? Did you manage to piss him off already, Hyungwon? Kick-ass job.

I want to look up, but I'm scared that he'll actually be mad that I asked a question like that and will shoot his eye daggers at me.

He looks at me for a few beats, my eyes still downcast, silent except for the talking of tourists all around us.

Knowing he's just going to keep staring at me until I respond, I brace myself, and then meet his eyes.

Shit. He is mad.

"Are you.. Are you mad?" I say softly. Didn't you tell me to go ahead and ask? It's not even that hard of a question...

Wonho just stares at me so I let the question fade away.

"Do you know why I'm angry?" He finally asks. His tone and his facial expressions are cold.

I almost want to cry, I'm so sorry for asking the question. I think he can tell this, because as I'm working up the courage to respond, his face starts to soften.

"No," I finally say, oh so quiet. What could I have done?

Wonho sighs, then puts his face in his hand. He looks as if he has aged to be a ripe old man of 80 in these few minutes. I don't blame him. I probably did do something wrong, and in my denseness, don't know what.

"Hyungwon," He sighs my name, his sigh seeming to release the tension in his body. He relaxes, the air blowing out if him.

Because my head is done, I don't have any warning or see when he wraps his arms around me.

I gasp. How... he... I feel like we're always being bipolar like this, fighting one minute, making up the next. The stronger the love, the harder the fall, people always say.

My forehead is flat against his broad chest, hands still gripping each other pressed flat against his chest as his arms link to each other around my back and hold me close.