Chapter 20

"Are you mad at me?" Wonho asks, we've resumed our walk to the Louvre, the first stop on our list after the little 'love' debacle earlier.

"I'm just shy," I murmur in my small boy voice, my ears turning red as can be, my face down. I want to fall into a hole. I want to scream with joy. I want to hide under my blankets forever. I want to -

Wonho grasps my hands.

I want to keep holding your hand.

"Well, you should get used to it," he hums. I look over at him in surprise, noting his sharp jaw and his straight nose. "Because this is how I treat my boyfriends."

Boyfriends? I know it's childish, but I let out a squeak. Every part of his sentence is making me uwu. I knew he had said we were dating, but it never really had felt real until he first called me his boyfriend.

I wanna say it back to him but I don't know how to just insert it into his little name placeholder without it being weird.

Damn. How is he so good at flirting? Being smooth is really hard.

Wonho saves me though, in his usual nature, squeezing my hand.

"You were listening, right? Who am I now?"

Boyfriend boyfriend boyfriend. It wants to come out but I keep thinking of how much it belongs in a K-Drama somewhere and it's making me overthink it.

"I don't hear my boyfriend saying anything..." his voice is sing-songy and his flippant use of the word 'boyfriend' makes me trip over myself.

He catches me, laughing, my face blushing like a devil.

"It's okay, Hyungwon. It's probably weird, but you can't tell me you don't like it."

God. I am overthinking this, aren't I? This poor boy is waiting for shy me to say something.

"You're right," I finally shrug. "I am enjoying this way too much." I pause. "Boyfriend." I jab in.

He jumps when he hears it, his face slowly flushing scarlet. Ha. So it's blush-worthy to him too, huh.

He clears his throat, trying to wipe the doofy smile off of his face. I shove my head into his shoulder to hide, it jostling my head as we continue to walk. I know how we must look to people: deliriously in love. And I have to agree. And as time goes on, it feels more like things are moving from could be to will be. And it doesn't feel too bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made out way to the Louvre after a bit more walking, only lapsing into uncomfortable silence once when I offered to pay the entrance fee, and upon seeing it, realized I didn't have the money to pay for it on me. City of Love? Ha. More like City of Broke.

I felt like a real freeloader, sugar daddy kink at it's finest, but after he throws me a sheepish look and ruffles my hair, I stop caring so much that he is paying for it instead of me because I'm bordering homeless broke. If I'm going to feel guilty about something, I should guilty about him paying for this whole trip.

It's honestly easier to just not think about it.

The lobby is gigantic! Sophisticated and chic, but with a messy elegance to it.. Exactly what I imagine artists themselves to be.

I've never been a real appreciator of art because I find it generally hard to like things that I don't understand, but the air in the building smells like adventure, so I'm willing to give it a try.

I've got my arm linked in Wonho's as we survey the art. All kinds of art - blobs and shapes and people and eyes, oh my god, so many eyes!

Unshockingly, I don't understand a bit of it, but Wonho seems so entertained, hands clinging onto the strap of his camera case as if to keep him in reality, that I don't say anything. Anyways, it gives me an excuse to study him without noticing, so I'm not exactly complaining. I'm once again struck by the question of if he wears makeup as I peer at him sideways out of the corner of my eye.