Chapter 8

My heart beating fast and my mouth going dry, I watch Minhyuk and Shownu pile in first.

I fiddle with my outfit nervously, trying with no noticeable success to calm my breathing.

Wonho and I watch silently as they get comfy, Shownu getting laid back in the seat, all giggles as Minhyuk plunks into his lap and settles in.

It all looks so easy and familiar to them. I wish.

I feel Wonho look at me and I gulp, my heart jumping literally into my throat.

"You ready?" his eyes seem cautious, as if I look so nervous that I can be scared away with a few words, and am a simple creature able to be startled.

I want to say yes, but I'm absolutely sure that my throat wouldn't be able to even carry it, so I just nod instead.

"Um," I manage, coughing slightly. His face seems just as nervous and we both mess around with our clothes. I notice an interested looking Minhyuk peering out the car window at us, hands splayed on Shownu's thighs to brace himself as he ogles. 

"You go first." I gesture towards the door.

He smiles a little for some unknown reason, the opens the car door. I watch his head, his well-kept black hair swishing, duck into the car.

My heart thunders in my ears now that it's actually happening, as I watch him finally still.

Come on, Hyungwon. Relax. 

Wonho shifts a little as I enter. I awkwardly step between his legs, holding onto the back of the driver's side headrest to steady myself as I get into the right position. I almost slip, but then save myself as I plop indelicately into Wonho's lap.

He gives a huff of surprise and shifts again. 

I'm sure my breathing is so loud because of the close proximity, but I can't seem to work up enough sanity or motivation to calm it down. 

Even though I'm uncomfortable, half my ass off of his lap and held in the air, I'm too scared to move. Wonho seems pulled so tight already.

"You can move, Hyungwon. I'm okay," Wonho says. He sounds so different so close. Almost gruff.

I breathe 'thanks' and move a bit.

I move closer to the left, but move my head to the right.

Wonho is literally spooning me front to back, all the way from calves to neck.

He feels so different than what I'm used to. He seems so... solid. It's easily to feel the obvious and thick bands of muscle that wrap around him.

We're so close in height that our heads are nearly parallel with each other. In fact, our cheeks, if I just leaned an inch to the left... would be touching. 

I'm acutely aware of every part of him. I feel the thickness of his thighs, warm and unforgiving, the buffness of his chest, so tough but yet so easy to sink into, the soft of his neck... so hot.

I'm more than comfortable, but I'm scared Wonho doesn't agree. I move to try to give him anything to make him more at ease, but without warning, Wonho wraps his arms around my midsection and arms. 

I freeze in shock.

What's going on? Why is he..? I can't even bring myself to question what's wrong with it anymore, because, wow. Damn. He feels so good.

"Hyungwon," Wonho breaths in my ear. His voice definitely sounds deeper, raspy as though he just woke up all of a sudden. "You're fine. I'm fine. We're fine."