Chapter 9

I wake up with a start. A giant comforter swallows up my body and I shoot up.

Where am I? How did I get here? I honestly have no idea.

Wherever it is, it sure is luxurious. The rich stuff. The high white ceilings connect to grey banisters that stretch across the walls, giving the room a sophisticated but modern feel.

The door to this room is half ajar, the opening showing-

Shit. I jump. A rustle beside me sends me onto high alert and I can hardly believe it.

Wonho, sleeps soundly beside me, stirs slightly, and then relaxes. 

This is too much for so early.

I look over more and see a lightly snoring Showhyuk on the other bed, wrapped tightly around each other. 

I think back to the day before, lost. What decisions did I make to get to this point? Whatever it is, I made damn good ones!

I remember the plane, Wonho's laugh as we talk about Yodel, the Paris outfit.. then I remember the car ride. Damn. I really handled that one well, didn't I?

He told you to fall asleep! So, you did!

I think harder. A memory of slight uncomfort, the foundation below me moving, then a grunt and a rocking motion.

Did he.. did Wonho pick me up? Nah, probably just Shownu. 

I shake off the thought. What really is important right now? I could think of so many things to consider... what time it is, where I am, what I missed, what's next... but a sleeping Wonho takes up all of my preoccupations. 

Gently, in order to not disturb him, I lie next to him, on my right side, propping my head up on my elbow, the perfect viewing position.

Wonho is sleeping so delicately, so unlike how you would think that such a tough man would, but the more I get to know him, the more I realize that Wonho doesn't seem to fit that tough guy persona that I built up for him in my mind all that time before I met him.

His eyes lay closed, unmoving, his eyelashes fanning the gentle skin underneath. They're so long that my eyelashes want to commit suicide from shame, way longer than any guy's eyelashes have any right to be. 

I want to focus on the little details, so cute that I could observe them for hours, but I want to study his whole face.

I know hos creepy and unattractive it sounds, but he's so pretty... I can't look away when I have a once in a lifetime opportunity to observe freely. 

His skin, while his cheeks are slightly flushed, is so clear. I want to get mad with jealousy, but I keep wondering if he wars makeup. His skin looks so clear right now, and though his skin seems to look good all the time, it has a certain purity to it now that was absent before. 

I laugh to myself. He's not more tan that me. I remember enquiring about it, but now it's been put to the test. While he is more tan than I originally thought he was, he isn't as dark as I am. It gives me a bit of satisfaction to know that I have at least that one thing over him. 

His face overall seems so unfairly proportionate... his nose, so straight and sharp, is the perfect size and flares slightly as he sleeps.

I can't stop the smile that spreads across my face. He looks so much like a baby, it's uncanny. I want to squish his baby cheeks so bad, but I know that doing that is obviously not a viable option.

I brace myself. I had been saving his lips for last, knowing they could be the downfall of the careful self-control, I had built up, but the time is finally here. 

Oh, god. I'm really not the type to fawn over such small things, but honestly... I could fall asleep with his lips alone. They're so pink(but slightly dry, so I know that he isn't wearing lipstick or chapstick). Maybe it's just because I'm not awake enough to realize what it could mean if I do so, but studying his pretty, perfectly pouty lips, I can't help myself and lean forward to touch them.

My fingers, so nervous they even shake, reach slowly towards his. 

I'm so focused, I don't even dare to breath. MY gaze is zeroed in on him... the one point on his lips I want, no need, to touch.

I finally make contact.

I almost gasp, they're so soft! I make a noise somewhere in my throat in happiness. They're so soft, I want to scream.

How is it that he's so irresistible in every way? I stroke the length of them lightly in wonder. They're so plump! If only I could just-

Suddenly, so fast I barely comprehend it, Wonho's hand snakes out and securely latches onto my wrist.

I make a noise of surprise and look to his eyes, scared.

Is he awake? Did he catch me? God, this looks so gay! Actually, this is so gay! This is so gay that I have no plausible way to even explain it in non-gay terms!

But when I met his eyes, they're closed. 

Why are they closed? He can't still be sleeping... he grabbed my wrist, for shit's sake!

I watch him rub his hair sleepily, his eyes still closed. 

I'm frozen. Literally frozen. Where do I go from here? I, under no circumstances, want him to find out about what I was caught doing, whether he is sleeping or not. So do I stay still? Do I run out of the room? God, nothing like this has ever happened to me before!

I'm just hoping to god he's still asleep, and the wrist grabbing part of all of this was just a fluke. Sleep awakeness is a thing, right? 

As I'm thinking, he tightens his hand around my wrist, then scoots closer. Shit. Way, WAY closer.

He stops when he reaches my body, cuddles up along me, finally relaxing when he's stuck to me like a leech.

I'm scared to breath. I want to scream, I want to run, I want to hug him.. God, I have no idea what I want! All I know is that he's all up on me and I have no real escape! It's so bad of me to want this so bad, so bad that I SHOULD just leave, but I can't force my body to make the right movements to do so. 

I've almost convinced myself into leaving, (he probably wouldn't like to wake up glued to my body like this anyways! He'd probably think that I tried to pull a quick one on him, or something, with how hot he is) when he moves again, so I freeze.

I can see his face so clearly, but my heart is beating so loudly and quickly I almost can't even hear over it. 

So I'm sure that I've misheard him a second later when he says my name.

He says it so clearly, I think that he's woke up and about to attack me or kick me out or something. But his eyes are still asleep, his face still as relaxed as before. 

Is he.. sleep talking?

I almost jump physically when I think about it. Why would he say my name, at all, let alone when he's asleep, when you are your most relaxed?

But then he says it again. Even clearer.

"Hyungwon," he almost murmurs. His voice seems so sleepy. He snuggles in more, burying his face in my neck. He sighs, says my name again, then burrows his head in even more.

So, he is asleep. I have to put my hand over my mouth, moving as little as possible so stop myself from making any noise. 

I can't even describe how happy it makes me that he said my name in his sleep. Could he possibly be... dreaming of me?

I shake off the idea. How elementary. He barely knows you, let alone likes you, Hyungwon. Here you are, imagining things... maybe he just thinks you're one of the oversized plushies on his bed. 

But then he says something that makes me freeze in my conviction. 

"Hyungwon...Hyungwon, where's Yodel?"

What. The. Fuck. What domestic K-drama show did I walk into?