Chapter 15

I'm trying to rush but I know it's impossible. I know it's rude to be in the bathroom so long while the rest of them are out there playing host to our wonderful guest Stella, but it's imperative that I look my best.

I try to convince myself that it's not because I feel threatened because someone with really close ties to Wonho has suddenly shown up, but fail.

Damn, you kissed once and you already think you own his ass!

I shoo away the thought away as I finish changing. I had to pick something classy but casual, sophisticated in a 'I didn't have to try' kind of look. Cuter than her in her dainty dress and obviously expensive jewelry.

I settle for the best I can think of in the little time that I have, but also something that cover up the giant eyesore that is the bandage from the Shattered Table Incident; ending up with a blue and white striped T-Shirt tucked into ripped black skinny jeans to accent my long legs, with a formal black suit jacket over my shirt. Upon further inspection in the mirror and a thorough brushing of my teeth, I see my hair is a lost cause and just slide my favorite white hat over the pigsty that is my head.

After giving myself one last onceover in the mirror, I open the door a crack and see what's going on.

Minhyuk and Shownu are sitting at the table with Stella, while Wonho is in the kitchen, looking like he is brewing something to drink, glasses out and ready.

I sigh, taking a deep breath, and exit the bathroom.

Minhyuk smiles at me and Shownu waves as I approach. Stella just stares at me, not breaking the gaze until I reach the kitchen.

What's sad is that she's even more beautiful up close.

Big, beautiful Korean eyes sit on a pretty, clear-skinned face with perfectly proportioned lips. The lips tug at my self-conscience for some reason, showing familiarity to someone else, but I can't figure it out.

She's skinny under her ulzzang style dress, her legs crossed with dainty shoes attached to her feet. I bet she even has a thigh gap.

She stands up when I get to her. I don't know if it's just my suspicious mind, but she seems to be enjoying some private inside joke in her head that I don't know the context to.

"Hi," I say politely. I know it's not necessary to bow, but my Korean habits force me to slightly do so as I shake her hand lightly.

"Hello, I'm Stella." Shit. Even her voice is pretty.

I knew I was no match for her before I even found out that I was in a competition.

"It's nice to meet you," I reply, letting go of her hand.

"I've heard such good things." She smiles as she says this, again, seeming to be enjoying some inside joke about me in her head.

Did... Did I do something wrong? Have we met before? Did you hear about it from Wonho?

I feel myself start to panic... what did Wonho say? I find myself wanting to know how he feels because his behavior has been so back and forth that I have no idea.

"Probably only bad things," I trail off forcing a mile onto my face. "I'm sure you know Wonho likes to joke like that." I want her to know that I know my place and I know hers. If she's really.. Dating him, then I have no place to interrupt that, no matter the wayward feelings I have.

"Oh no," she says, another slick smile on her face, shaking her head.

Now this is just weird. I'm wondering how to respond when Wonho sets down a glass of tea on the table in front of the seats close to us, smiling and gesturing for us to sit down.