Chapter 12

"Are you sure about this?" I yell over the pulsing music. The psychedelic kaleidoscope of lights flash on Minhyuk, Shownu, and Wonho, bathing their faces in multicolored lights. I know I've lost when the light shows their awestruck expressions.

Well, as long as everyone else enjoys themselves...

I drop my head and do a gesture of 'go on' to the three of them.

"Go," I say tiredly. "Have some fun for me."

It's almost comical the way they race off the second I say they can, like I'm their mom and they're my children asking if they can go over to a friend's house for the day.

I watch them run off, Minhyuk and Shownu going one way, probably for the bar, and Wonho goes the other way, probably towards the women, knowing his looks and way of life.

I retreat to a secluded high-tabled bar I noticed when I first came in. I huff down in the swivel seat and sigh.

Alone again.

The bartender notices me from a few seats down and comes my way.

"Anything you'd like?" He asks. I'm feeling so sorry for myself that I barely look up, nearly missing how hot he is.

Jesus. Wow, is he hot. His eyes and hair and dark and mysterious, a midnight stranger beckoning to come hear his secrets. Those eyes are smirking now, probably picking up the gay vibes I no doubt exude, and realizing the effect he probably has on me.

I sit open mouthed, unable to form an eloquent response.

"A margarita, maybe?" 

I find myself nodding, almost in a trance, even though I don't comprehend what he just said. It isn't until he walks away to get my drink that I realize my mistake.

Margarita? MARGARITA?

A drink? With real alcohol?

I stand up abruptly, startling everyone around me, to tell him to stop! It's a mistake! I'm a good kid! but when the bartender turns to look at me, the source of the noise, his dark aesthetic silences me yet again, and find myself slinking back into my seat. 

I sigh in frustration.

I must be crazy! How can I go from wanting to squeeze Wonho's cheeks to wanting to kiss someone that I've never met before?

I growl and slam my head on the table.

"I must be insane," I murmur, my head resting on my arms crossed at the bar table ledge.

"Rough day?" I look up to see the bartender with my drink. His eyes look more daring than confused, almost as if they're baiting me, a tall glass of wine to an alcoholic.

I almost can't believe that he's talking to me, a nobody, even asking how I feel, when I realize it's probably just part of his job.

"I'm just... I'm just confusing myself." I admit this quietly. It probably sounds bad, but I say it anyways.

His smile grows to a devilish smirk. I swallow at his expression. What's going on with me?

"Does it have anything to do with that guy you walked in with, giving your forlorn eyes to?" he speaks in accented English. He leans over the the bar, held up with his elbow as I am taken back.

I'm taken back at him... the way he seems so focused on me, the way he guessed so dead on.. but at the mention of Wonho, I find my heart distancing itself from this man, who yes, I feel an undeniable attraction to, but don't know. 

I open my mouth to dismiss his question, to make something up, but I give up. I'll just have to get used to the fact that I'm whipped and that it's apparently clear to everyone but me.