Chapter 10

Quite a bit later, Minhyuk stirs.

I'm frozen in my previous position, facing Wonho, his face buried in my neck, our hands interlocked, my body tense, my eyes wide open.

After he said... I can't repeat it. After he said what he said, the thing that nearly made me actually collapse into cardiac arrest, I froze and haven't moved since. It had to be quite a decent amount of time, though, because I could see the outline of the sun from behind the curtain in the far right corner.

Minhyuk continues to snore, then after a few minutes of laying motionless, I guess to wake up, he sits up. He rubs his eyes sleepily, his face adorably sleep-ridden, before he notices Shownu's presence. Then, he rubs Shownu's back gently, smiling at his sleeping frame. He stops, then stretches.

Notice me! Please notice me! While I liked it at first, and baby-like sleeping Wonho is a lovely view, his frame, which is undeniably big, is wrapped cutely in his blanket like a child, and is making me more and more hot as time goes on.

Minhyuk, sadly doesn't notice us. He even gets up and stretches more, his ribs sticking out. Apparently, he ditched his shirt somewhere in the night, and upon a quick look at Shownu, who's bare chested as well, decide it might not have been so accidental. 

Minhyuk stumbles his way to the bathroom, the opposite direction from us, still not noticing the fact that I am actually suffocating in this giant, buff, hot man-bear! I want to call him, but I don't for Wonho's sake. I don't want him to wake up in the situation without knowing it's something he minds or not, whether or not I completely love it or not being beside the point. 

I hear the toilet flush, and Shownu stirs a little bit at the noise, but lapses back into his slumber. I see Minhyuk come back from the bathroom, and we both make eye contact at the same time.

He freezes. I freeze. We both freeze, eyes locked, mine probably screaming out an SOS, Minhyuk's just confused in only the way being tired can bring out. 

Minhyuk's eyes dart from Wonho to me, me to Wonho, back and forth. I extricate my hand not in his gently and fan myself, mouthing the words 'I'm hot' exaggeratedly. 

Minhyuk just stares. How dumb can you be? I get that you're blonde, but don't forget that I know that it isn't authentic!

I close my eyes in frustration. God. I'm gonna be stuck like this forever and he's gonna wake up and think I tried to go down on him or something. Daddy kink gone wrong style. But when I open them, Minhyuk is gone. 

I search frantically for him, and find him beside Shownu. He picks up Shownu's phone on the bedside table in between the two beds, I guess checking the time. He looks at my curious expression, then flashes the phone my way. It says 10:22 pm. 

Minhyuk puts down the phone, then gently crawls back into the bed, this time on Shownu's side. I really think that he's going to just go back to sleep and leave me hanging, but then starts to gently shake Shownu. 

I'm not so sure why, but it's a definite that he's waking Shownu up. 

Shownu grunts in defiance like a child, and I fight the urge to laugh. Shownu has always been this way since he was younger. A fellow soul. We get our sleep where we can get it and we take complete advantage. And if it's not our time to sleep, then we make it our time. 

Shownu wakes with a smile, realizing it's Minhyuk and reaches forward to pull him into his embrace. They lock lips passionately, Minhyuk seeming to sink into Shownu, grabbing a fistful of his shirt to steady himself. 

I look away and clear my throat. Screw waking up Wonho. There's no way that I'm sitting and watching my best friends eat each other.

Minhyuk and Shownu spring apart. Minhyuk chuckles into Shownu's chest while Shownu looks to where the noise came from. 

He notices me and his eyes widen. Yes, bitch. I'm here. Watching you stick your tongue down my best friend's throat. Yes.

He clears his throat too, breaking eye contact abruptly. That's what I thought. Suck that nosy ass tongue right back into your mouth. Trying to explore all that land like it's yours, Christopher Columbus. Funny story. The dictator of Minhyuk Land vetoes that trip, aka, me.

I laugh at myself, despite the sweaty situation. Even though I've known both them apart for a few years and together for almost as long, it's still weird to see them together like that. Looking down at Wonho, I find myself wondering if it's because I really think that it's disgusting and don't want to see it, or if it's more so that I'm jealous. Without realizing, my ideas retreat to the far corner of my brain that I never indulge into and think of how it would be if this were real. If Wonho were really laying with me, not by accident, not because of convenience. Because of love. How would it feel to have him do what Shownu does to Minhyuk to me? To feel him, so solid against me? To sigh as his lips touch mine? To bring him closer as we-

Before I can begin to fantasize, Minhyuk yells suddenly, breaking the silence, "When I say 3, drag yourself out!" My brain barely has time to comprehend that he's speaking English before he starts counting.

He looks so evil, standing slight and small, wearing a devilish grin and pajama pants, grasping Shownu's hand in his own.

"1, 2, 3!" 

I don't wait to see what they do. I duck the hell out of there. 

The moment I manage unpin myself from Wonho's grip, he starts to wake up, but then Wonho and Shownu jump on him.

Literally. Like actually jump on him.

I watch passively, just enjoying the fresh air. 

I pat at my bangs. They feel so cool against my forehead as they reach the cold hair they'd previously been kept from. 

I try to dry the sweat from my forehead and hair, as Minhyuk and Shownu tickle Wonho to death.

I'm busy trying to get cool until I hear Wonho's laugh, so infectious and loud, ring in the air. I can't help but smile to myself, watching him laugh freely without any restraint. His smile stretches so wide. It completely changes the way he looks. He looks less like... Shownu, and more like... Minhyuk when he smiles. He looks like someone I wouldn't be scared to hang out with or approach.

Watching Wonho smile, the cute interaction between my best friends and him... I realize something at that moment. Something that I was trying to hide from myself but never let come to light until now.

I could fall in love with Wonho. 

And from my behavior now, it doesn't seem too far off.