Chapter 24

Linked in pairs by our hands, Wonho, Minhyuk, Shownu, and I all made our way to the car. I was trying to convince myself not to be mad that the car 'situation' was resolved, but failing miserably. I side eyed Wonho, as Minhyuk and Shownu piled in. He didn't seem irritated like I was.. But then again, my bony ass had nothing approaching his thick thighs.

It was a big car, almost like the ones you would see idols in - packed three to a seat for the two rows in the back, and two seats in the front row, along with the driver's seat, currently occupied by Wonho's driver, and the passenger seat, empty next to it.

We got in after Minhyuk and Shownu, who chose the very front two.

I moved to sit in the seat directly behind Minhyuk, but Wonho grabbed my hand insistently, tugging me in the limited space to the very back seat. I didn't question it, just sat in the seat to the very right.

Surprising me, Wonho plopped in the seat next to me, his shoulder brushing mine. I tried to hide my probably obvious happiness.

"You're in my private space, pal." I admonished, scooting over away from him.

Wonho leaned over even more, our shoulders flat against one anothers. I tried to deny how good he felt by changing the subject.

"What's up with the gas guzzling cow?" I asked. Not to be rude, but Wonho... as popular as he is, didn't seem to have a lot of friends. That's not indicative of how cool he is though! Because he's the most awesome person. If people would spend the time to get to know him, they wouldn't be able to resist being his friend. I think his allure at school, though, was the fact that he was so isolated.

"Well," Wonho said, looking at the window behind me as we buckled in and the car started moving. I knew I should be looking around, enjoying the sights, but Wonho was speaking, and for all I could care, the world could pause when Wonho was speaking and I wouldn't care.

"Wishful thinking, I guess." He sighed. "Hoping I could find enough people to fill it on my next trip." He said it matter of factly, but his eyes seemed sad.

My heart ached a bit. I didn't say any of what I was thinking because I knew that that would be the last thing that he would want to hear. So, I just dropped my head onto his shoulder, humming nonchalantly. I didn't know where I was going with this, but it didn't matter. I just wanted to offer him some comfort somehow.

Wonho laughed a little and patted my head.

"What about you, little pup? Why didn't you have any friends? I almost never saw you with anyone but your preexisting friends at school."

My mind was preoccupied with the fact that he called me pup - because oh my god I'm screaming he said I'm a pup that's literally the cutest - but I still manage to answer, not that there's much to say in the first place.

"I don't know," I said plainly. "At first it was just because Americans are just so different. It just seemed like too much to try to fit in with a new kind of people when I was still adjusting from the switch from Korea to America, which was hard all on it's own. But after a while, it just became like second nature..." I wiggled my head a bit on his shoulder at his sudden silence.

"What? Do you think I'm missing out or something?" I tease. God knows, and hopefully Wonho too, that I wasn't. I heard the word 'whore' more times that I'd ever heard it my entire life in Korea after being in the US for two days.

"No.." he said, sounding far away and irritated.

I lifted my head to look at him. "What is it?"

"Nothing. I'm just angry at myself." He shakes his head slightly.