23

JARROD

"The food?" Leah rasped between ragged pants.

"Shit." I'd completely forgotten about dinner in the midst of feasting on her.

Pressing another kiss to her lips, I strode into the kitchen to check the toast and noodles. The moment I opened the oven door a plume of smoke surged out.

I jerked the baking pan from the oven and tossed it out in the sink. Leah rushed over to flip on the fan while I scurried to open some windows before the fire alarm went off.

When I returned, she had moved the pot of noodles off the eye and I realized that must have been a goner too.

"I'm going to assume the noodles can't salvaged either?"

"Well," she said, facing me with a smile, "you tried?"

I chuckled, embarrassed, and tugged at my hair. "I really did. You're just too distracting, baby."

"Me!" She rolled her eyes and laughed. "You started it."

Tossing my shoulders, I cornered her against the counter. Her hazel eyes gleamed with amusement and desire. Even though I'd fucked up dinner, she found a way to keep things lighthearted.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I know you're hungry," I said. "What should we do now? We can go out."

Her hands ran up the front of my shirt, a glint in her eye. "I was looking forward to a night in with you . . . maybe can order takeout instead?"

I tried to focus despite the highly distracting effect her hands had on me. "Sure. We can do that. What do you want?"

"Nothing crazy. Chinese?" she suggested. One hand slid up to cup my neck while the other traced down my side until she reached my waistband.

A lump formed in the back of my throat. I grabbed her wandering hand before it could reach my tented groin.

"Don't start something you don't want to finish," I warned her.

Her seductive smirk left my cock twitching. "Who says I don't want to finish?"

I was speechless. She was so damn sexy, I couldn't imagine ever denying her anything.

As I regained my composure, I took her hands in mine. "As you wish."

"Take me to bed," she whispered.

Visuals of her naked body twisted in the sheets filled my mind. Fuck.

I seized her lips in a bruising kiss before leading her to the bedroom. She pulled away and reached for her zipper, but I clucked my tongue to my teeth and spun her around, pushing her front against the bed.

"Allow me to unwrap my gift."

She shivered. I tugged the zipper down her back until the dress melted onto the bed, flashing me her bare back. Trailing my hands down her supple milky skin, I cupped her ass and kneaded the hefty globes through her dress.

"You're so fucking sexy," I groaned. "I'm so hard for you."

Her hair swayed to the side as she cast a glance at me over her shoulder. Desire blazed in her sultry eyes.