32

LEAH

The sun was just peeking over the rooftops of my fellow suburban homes as Jarrod's taillights faded down the street.

My head was a jumbled mess of emotions. Now that the sex spell had worn off between us, I reflected on the details of last night that had been bothering me.

He wanted to know how many people I'd been with. He'd demanded it.

Then he'd told me that I couldn't touch myself while he was gone. I had to be ready for his return.

I wanted to choke him out. Sex wasn't a game to me. It wasn't about telling my partner what they could and couldn't do for my entertainment.

My face flushed angrily just thinking about it. I wanted to touch myself to spite him but my pussy had taken a beating last night. The sex had been incredible . . .

This was my problem. Jarrod was amazing in some respects.

He complimented me all the time and could be sweeter than anyone I'd ever known. He was smart and successful. He genuinely cared about people and loved his family. We had mind-blowing sex that made my knees weak and heart flutter.

He had little moments that terrified me, though.

The masturbation ban was one thing, but asking me to come to Orlando? I didn't know how to take that.

He already wanted me to meet his family. Our sex might have been dynamite, but that didn't mean I was ready to commit to anything.

My instincts all yelled that we were moving way too fast. I didn't know what to do.

I was too much of a wuss this morning to confront him about it, but maybe I'd grow a pair by the time he came back.

Doubtful.

What if I scared him off? Wasn't it a good thing that he wanted me to meet his family instead of trying to keep me from them?

I mean, his pros definitely outweighed the cons. I wanted to be with him, but we just didn't know each other that well yet.

I hadn't met any of his friends and he hadn't met any of mine. I'd feel better once my friends met him and approved. Not that I needed their approval . . . but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I shuffled into the kitchen with Foxy at my ankles. After I started the coffee brewer, I went back to the bedroom to get my phone. I knew my mom would be up at this hour and I really just needed to hear her voice.

She answered after the first ring. "Hello, favorite daughter."

"Hi, favorite mom. Whatcha doing?"

"Well, I just woke up and let Baxter out. I'm drinking some coffee and watching the sun rise over the lake." She cleared the rasp in her throat. "Why are you up so early, my little night owl?"

I padded over to the coffee machine and poured myself a mug. "Pretty much the same, minus the lake. I didn't, uh, sleep well."

"I see. Well, your father decided to throw a poker party tonight so it looks like I'll be upstairs snuggling a bottle of wine on the couch. By myself. You're welcome to make the trek home if you want company."