Chapter 1

I got a text from my friend; Sam Fekete. We had become friends online. It was actually a really nice interaction the first time I messaged her. She was super cool and friendly. We seemed to like some of the same things. Her text went a little along the lines of:
Hey! Was wondering if you wanted to fly out to LA for a week to come meet the crew.
Me: Wait, really?
Sam: Yeah, I bought you a ticket. Your flight leaves this weekend :)
Me: Then, of course I'm going. See you there ;)

I start planning out what I was going to bring. Let's see, my flight is Saturday and today is Thursday. I have a day to prepare. Since I don't like wasting time, I pack up today. I made sure I have everything I need for a week. I don't know where I'll be staying, but I guess I'll have to see.

*Time Skip*
I arrive at the airport and hop onto the plane. It doesn't take long before I land in the shimmering, shining Los Angeles, California. Sam comes and picks me up at the airport with Woods and Catherine. I get into the car, sitting next to Woods. We make, awkward small talk. I'm super shy when it comes to meeting new people.
"So, where you coming from?" Woods asked.
"Around northern Nevada." I said.
"Oh, really? So, in the middle of nowhere I can assume." Woods said.
"Pretty much, yeah." I said.

We arrive at Hi5 Studios. I walk in and am greeted by CEO Matthias, or Matt for short. I introduce myself, then shake his hand.
"Let me show you around." Matt said.
"Okay." I said.
Matt gives me a tour of all the bases. I was so intrigued and interested. Watching these people create and make amazing, hilarious videos is so cool to watch. I was always interested in being a YouTuber, but I didn't know where to begin. I know it's simple. Just start making videos, but all I need to do is get used to talking in front of a camera. Maybe my first vlog should start here. Now that's something to consider.

After the tour, Sam invites me to lunch. We shoot for something healthy. All throughout my childhood, I wouldn't eat the best things, so I think in adulthood, I should start eating healthier. We stopped by Tender Greens, infamous for their amazing salads. I go for their Romaine Hearts salad. Sam orders a different salad. Once it's ready, we grab it and head back to the office.

Sam and I sit in the break room. Since everyone is constantly working, or it seems like it, I kind of feel like I should start doing something too.
"Hey, Sam. What do you think about me starting my own YouTube channel?" I asked.
"That's a great idea. What do you think you'll call it?" Sam asked.
"I was thinking just my nickname." I said.
"Okay, what would that be?" Sam asked.
"Shelly." I said.
"Aw, that's cute." Sam said.
"Yeah, it is." I said.
"You could start by buying a good camera, or you could borrow mine." Sam said.
"I could just go buy my own. I'm so excited and nervous to start." I said.
"You've got this. The whole reason we work here is because we've got a family who backs us and encourage us to create." Sam said.
"Yeah." I said.
"You could always ask any of us at the office for help. We're here to help and answer any questions." Sam said.
"Thanks, Sam." I said.

Around 5 pm, everyone began going home. I was asking around to see who would open up their house or apartment to me. Of course, I could do the responsibile thing and get a hotel. . . But, I'd rather ask. If no one wants to, then I'll go find a hotel. The first person to let me stay over was surprisingly not Sam. Though she was the one who invited me over, she told me she didn't have the room. I completely understood. After almost running out of hope, Woods walks up to me;
"Uh, hey. You're more and welcome to stay at mine for the night."
"Really, you don't mind?" I asked.
"Pssh, nah. You seem pretty chill, shy, but still cool." Woods said.
"Okay." I pack my things into the trunk of his car.

He drives me over to his house. He has a nice one. He has a little recording room. Next to it is his room. His living room is spacious with a couch, a TV hanging on the wall. The upstairs is a den where people could just chill and play games. Woods had shown me around for a little bit.
"So, where can I sleep?" I asked.
"The guest room is just down that hallway to the right, across from the recording room." Woods said.
"Okay cool. Give me a minute to get settled in. I'll be right back." I said.

I put all my stuff in the guest room. When I have everything situated, I walk back out to the living room. I see two dogs come in from the backyard. Oh. . . No. I should've told Woods about my allergy. It's too late now, I'll survive this one night. I'll just tell him so he knows.
"Yo, Woods. Your dogs are so adorable." I said.
"Aw, thanks." Woods said.
"The thing is, I'm allergic." I said.
"Oh. . . Sorry, I didn't know. Are you gonna be okay staying here?" Woods asked.
"Yeah, it's okay. As long as I don't pet them, or they don't lick me, I'll be just fine." I said.
"Hm, maybe I should put them outside while you're staying here. There's quite a lot of dog hair around." Woods said, looking around.
"Woods," I pause, putting a hand on his shoulder, "I told you, I'll be fine. Don't worry."
"Okay, but if you have a serious reaction, we're gonna have a problem." Woods said.
"I understand my allergy clearly. I won't get near them. For the sake of myself." I said.
"Problem solved." Woods said.

*Later that Night*
Man, the more I lay here, the more I realize that I've got feelings for Woods. I just met him today, but he's just so cute. I can't go for him right away. I have to give myself and him time to get used to each other. Right now, it's super awkward. Maybe it's just me. The only thing I know is that when I like someone, I go for them. I don't like waiting. This time, I have to he careful. One wrong move or word, and the spark is gone. I fall asleep, just dreaming of all the things that would happen in this one week in LA. I can only hope that everything goes right between us.