Chapter 44

*Two Weeks Later*
Someone knocks on the door. I get up from the couch and go to answer it. When I open it, it's a girl. She looks like this:

(Photo credit to: @fattyside on Instagram)"Hello

"Hello." I said.
"Hey, I'm Natalie, Brett's girlfriend." Natalie said.
"Oh, well come in. Brett's in his room. Last time I checked he was doing homework, then started playing some sad songs on piano. He's in a pretty rough mood right now. Seeing you should make him feel better." I said.
"You're his mother? It's nice to meet you." Natalie said, putting out her hand. I shake her hand, then give her a hug.

I knock on Brett's door and he told me to go away, yet again. Then, I say;
"Someone's here to see you."
"Who?" Brett asked.
"You'll see, just come out." I said.
"Ugh, fine." Brett said.
Brett comes out of his room and sees Natalie standing next to me. He runs to her and gives her the biggest hug. Then, they kiss as they're seeing each other in person for the first time
"Natalie, I can't believe you're here!" Brett exclaimed.
"I wanted to surprise you. Those nights of phone calls are over. I'm here now." Natalie said, kissing him again.
"Are you moving here?" Brett asked.
"I don't know yet. I'm still trying to choose between Berlin and LA." Natalie said.
"I would love to see Germany." Brett said.
"Then, it's settled. You're moving into my apartment with me." Natalie said.
"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down. You two are both still in high school. There will be no moving in until you've both graduated." I said.
"You're misunderstanding, this is the plan after high school." Natalie said.
"Okay, well you guys have fun, but not too much fun." I said, winking.
"You're killing me, mom." Brett said.
"I'll leave you guys be then." I said.
"Thank you." Brett said, closing his door.

Cora comes home with Luke and wants to introduce me to him. He's just as she described him:

When he spoke, I could hear his accent clearly

When he spoke, I could hear his accent clearly. Cora is heads over heels for this guy, and I can see why. He is so attractive. Woods comes out of his room and sees us talking on the couch.
"Who's this?" Woods asked.
"Oh, dad this is my boyfriend from Sweden." Cora said.
"Oh sweetie." Woods said, so over Cora's chase for guys.
"Hello, sir. My name is Lucas Steingård, but you can call me Luke. Cora is my beautiful girlfriend. It's a pleasure to meet you." Luke said, puttimg out his hand to greet Woods.
"You're a polite man. Looks like Cora struck it good this time." Woods said.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Cora asked.
Woods goes back to his room to avoid any further explanation.
"Woods, come back. There's one more person I'd like you to meet." I said.
"Who else did you invite?" Woods asked.
"Not me, she brought herself here." I said, "Natalie, Brett. Get out here!"

By the look of their messy hair, I can tell they were all over themselves in there. I knew that would happen. They're teenagers, what else are they supposed to do. They come into the living room and sit down. Natalie and Luke make small talk.
"Hi, I'm Luke." Luke said.
"Natalie." Natalie said.
"Where are you from?" Luke asked.
"Berlin in Germany, du?" Natalie asked.
"Um, Stockholm, Sweden. I'm a foreign exchange student. I know conversational German. I learned in school before coming here, then I'm learning again here." Luke said.
"Ah, gut. Wie gehts?" Natalie asked.
"Gut, und du?" Luke asked.
"Wunderbar." Natalie said.
"Alright, so by the sounds of it, we have a German girl on our hands." Woods said.
"Ah, yes. I'm Natalie Kostner. I'm from Berlin, but my family is from Nuremberg." Natalie said.
"It's nice to meet you. I'm Woods Demars, Brett's dad." Woods said.
"I've seen your vlogs on YouTube before, even before you met Shelly. Of course I wasn't around when you first uploaded them, but I started watching your videos like last year." Natalie said.
"A fan, I dig it. Now, you're dating my son. How does that feel?" Woods asked.
"It's unbelievable. To be a fan of someone, then date their son is weird, but also amazing." Natalie said.

All of us sit in the living room, getting to know each other. I serve them lunch, cooking burgers and making salads for those who don't eat meat. Once I finished making everything, I put the food on plates and in bowls. Everyone gathers at the table and starts eating. Looks like Natalie is vegetarian, which is cool. That's also why she's so skinny. I mean, she could also work out on the regular, but who am I to judge, right?

When we finish eating, Brett and Cora go out on double dates on a tour of LA. Natalie said she's barely seen any of the city, so she's super excited. Woods and I have to go back to work. We arrive back to work and begin vlogging. After about 10 minutes, we're asked to help out with a Rekt shoot. Even after 10+ years, Rekt is still going strong. This in fact is Rekt's 15th anniversary. That's something to celebrate. After finishing the shoot, that's exactly what we do. We get cake thrown at us and have a giant party. Though Gunner doesn't work here anymore, Rekt is still going strong.

After the party, I'm feeling pretty beat. Woods and I go home and take a nap. By the evening, Cora, Brett, Natalie, and Luke come back. They told me they went out for dinner, then took a tour of the biggest spots of LA. Natalie kept talking about how amazing it was. I love her enthusiasm about LA. Luke also spoke about the many things he saw. From people wearing the most interesting outfits, to men wearing makeup which he hasn't really seen in Sweden. Sure, there are gay people in Sweden, but they don't wear makeup as much. Luke and Natalie decide to stay the night with us, which we don't mind. Our kids are so in love and it's adorable.