Chapter 28

Next country on the list: big ol' mother Russia! We'll be staying in Moscow, as we do. As a person who wants to learn every language that we visit in Europe, Russian has to be the most challenging one. Not only is it written in completely different characters. Learning Russian is definitely going to be a challenge, but as always I'll try my best to learn it to get around efficiently.

We fly over and get into our hostel. We sleep off the flight. That next morning, we head out to explore the city. The first thing that catches my eye and that's unique to the city is the gigantic park that we stumble upon.
"Can we go in there?" I asked.
"Yeah, let's go." Woods said.
"Yay." I said.
We walk into what's called the Alexander Garden. All of the text was in Russian, but there are some things in English. Again, I thank God for the invention of Google Translate, even though sometimes it doesn't translate the best. I scanned the text and that's how we got all the information on this place.

Tanner calls Woods while we're walking around.
"What's going on, brother?" Tanner asked.
"Nothing much. Could you guess where we are?" Woods asked.
"Hmm, Ukraine?" Tanner asked.
"Close. The northern neighbor of Ukraine." Woods said.
"No way. Okay, I know I'm not the best at geography but, are you in Russia?" Tanner asked.
"Yes." Woods said.
"Bro, you got to be careful out there. I may be judging a book by its cover, but I've heard some wack things about Russia." Tanner said.
"Don't worry. We'll be fine. If we got through airport security okay, then I'm pretty sure we'll be okay." I said.
"Alright, I'll stop bashing Russia now. Anyway, how have you guys been?" Tanner asked.
"Great, we can't wait to get back home and tell everyone what we got up to. It's been fun, but I'm missing home a lot." Woods said.
"Then why not cut the trip short and come home. You've been gone for months now. It's okay to come home." Tanner said.
"Well, I kind of want to see London so. . . Sorry." I said.
"We just miss you all so much. We need you back here. Plus, since you've been gone so long, Matt is thinking about demoting you." Tanner said.
"Wait, what??" Woods asked, "I thought I told him I was going on a year and a half long vacation."
"A couple months goes a long way when you're away from work." Tanner said.
"Could I please get a break? We'll upload all the videos we've filmed throughout Europe when we get home. We'll get back to work as soon as possible. Internet is kinda spotty here in Europe." Woods begged.
"Okay, I'll tell Matt that." Tanner said.
"Thanks, you always have my back." Woods said.
"But when you get fired, don't go blaming me." Tanner said.
Woods sighs and realizes what he's gotten himself into by taking this long vacation.
"You don't have to regret this trip, babe. In the end, it was so worth it to travel all around Europe, right?" I asked.
"Yes, but I don't want to get fired." Woods said.
"I'm sure Matt will understand. I'll make sure you'll keep your job here. Don't worry 'bout it. Enjoy yourselves in Europe. See you soon." Tanner said.
"Thanks, bro. Bye." Woods said, hanging up.

I wrap and arm around Woods and kiss his cheek. I know we'll manage and keep our jobs when we get back. Even though we might have to work our asses off from being gone so long, but that's the only consequence that we'll have to face, hopefully. Plus, it felt like Woods always needed a break  because social media can beat people down, and cause that horrible feeling of burn out.

We need to take our minds off work because we still have loads to see here. There's plenty of cathedrals and historical sites to see. We leave Alexander Garden in favor for lunch Woods and I find a restaurant for lunch called: Old Tower. It's a bit pricey, but worth the good food. Again, this is going to be challenging to try and communicate with the waiters and waitresses if they're unable to speak English. After doing some research, I'm pretty sure they do learn English in school so it's easier to communicate with people from outside Russia.

Thankfully, the waitress does speak English. See, I worried for nothing. I didn't neccessary have to learn Russian if they are capable of speaking English. But, learning a new language is also fun. Anyway, we get our delicious food. This is different. I don't know how to explain it, but it's so good. We leave and catch the train back to area where our hostel is.

We go back into our hostel and just chill. I know there are so many things to do in Moscow. We shouldn't just be doing nothing, but the city is so big, we can't see everything in one week. I think all the traveling is making me tired, so we're taking a break. Woods wrote more songs as I just read more of my book. I listen to Woods' sweet voice. I'm glad he has such a passion for music. If YouTube doesn't work out he can always fall back on a music career. I think YouTube, rather I know that YouTube is only temporary. Eventually, we'll get tired of doing the same things, and have to move onto bigger projects outside YouTube. We'll figure things out when that days does come, but for now, we're having so much fun doing YouTube. I couldn't of asked for a better career. It was fun teaching at times, but it was sort of draining. Kudos to teachers those. They make the future of young adults, but after a while, I wasn't enjoying it as much. So, I just quit. It was the best decision at the moment, and it couldn't of worked out better for me. I got freed from the classroom. When my mom found out I quit teaching and started YouTube, she was so disappointed in me. She's always told me,
"You'll be the third generation teacher."
In my teen years, I've always enjoyed teaching, and when I got the chance to do it, it was exciting. I finally lived out my dream of teaching kids the important skills they needed for the future.

I'll miss my students and never forget them, but I'm glad I got these new opportunities doing YouTube and testing my true creativity that I know I have. Being part of Hi5 Studios is something that I'll remember for the rest of my life.