Chapter 16

Today, I thought it'd be fun if Woods and I took a riverboat cruise through the canal. We're given lifejackets, put them on, and the boat starts moving. This is nice. Amsterdam is such a gem. I never thought that I'd ever get the chance to travel here in my life. Thanks to Woods, I fulfilled my life-long dream. The tour guide tells us everything we needed to know about this great city.

We pass by multiple museums and statues that represent one part of Denmark's history. I recorded the audio so I could listen to it later, just as a reminder. I take millions and millions of pictures. I'm surprised that there's still space in my phone. I'm standing by the railing. Woods wraps his arms around me, and kissing the top of my head. I turn around and kiss him. I never want to lose him. He's too good to lose.

The tour ends and we go to lunch at Bistrot des Alpes. We walk in and it feels instantly welcoming. We are seated. With the little Dutch I've learned while here, I managed to order our drinks. Then, when the waiter came back, I had asked;
"Speekt u Engels?" Which is "Do you speak English." I wasn't about to embarrass myself by continuing to speak broken Dutch. The waiter nods his head.
"Thank goodness. Okay, I'll take your finest salmon." I said.
"That, because I have no idea how to pronounce that." Woods said, pointing to one of the dishes.
"Aw. The Vichyssoise. It's made with creamed potato and leek. An explosion of flavor." The waiter says, closing his little notebook.
"Nice, sounds great." Woods said.

Our food arrives about twenty minutes later. They're sort of quick, which is what I like to see in a restaurant. I dig into my food. I squeeze lemon onto my salmon and sprinkle salt onto it. I take a bite into it. Oh, this is heaven. This is so delicious. I take sips of soda in between bites. I devour my entire salmon and finish up the veggies on the side.
"You enjoyed that maybe a little too much." Woods laughs.
"Hey, when food is good, it's damn good okay." I said.
"Alright, I'll leave it alone. Have you enjoyed this trip so far?" Woods asked.
"Of course. This is so much fun." I said.
"Great, because I've got a surprise waiting for you in Germany. . ." Woods said.
"What kind of surprise?" I asked.
"You'll see." Woods said, winking.

We leave a tip and leave, going back to our hostel. I plop down on the bed, winding down from the great day I've had. Woods snuggles next to me. I nuzzle my face into his chest. I feel his steady heartbeat on my face. We begin making out. Then, it doesn't go further than that. We spend the rest of the night cuddling and fell asleep.

About two weeks later, we land in the beautiful Germany. I've been waiting for this day to come. Ever since I started German class, I talked with my teacher about coming here, some day. Now, I'm finally here. It makes me emotional. Walking through the airport, I feel a little tear fall.
"What's wrong?" Woods asked.
"I'm just happy that I'm finally here." I said.
"You're about to feel even happier. Someone you've never met before, but are related to." Woods said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Just look." Woods said.

A car pulls up. In the car is a pair of brunette twins. They have blue eyes. Are they somehow my cousins, because I don't believe Woods for one second. I start putting my bags into the trunk of their car and get in.
"Hallo, kusine." They say in unison.
"Um, who are you?" I asked.
"I'm Jonas. He's Luca. Our last name is Ulrich." Jonas said.
"Oh, no way." I said.
"Yes way. Our great grandfathers are brothers." Luca said.
"You guys are absolutely beautiful, by the way." I said.
"Danke, also bist du." Jonas said.
"Do you have any more siblings?" I asked.
"We have more cousins. We invited them over just for this occasion. Wilkommen in Deutschland." Luca said.
"Glad to be here." I said.

We arrive at a medium-sized house. It's oddly brightly colored. I guess that's just German architecture. Woods and I walk into the house. I see four other people standing there. Two girls and two guys. I shake hands with them and hug them. They introduce themselves. One girl named Anna, her sister is Laura, a guy is Stephan, and his brother is Louis.

I already love them and I've barely met. Luca shows us to our room. We place our things in there and go back into the living room. We sit on the couch, chatting and getting to know each other. My cousins told us really fun things to do while in Berlin. I took note of each point of interest. Luca broke out his guitar and began singing a little bit. Huh, didn't know he knew how to play.

After singing through a song, Jonas took it from him and began playing a common German song. Everyone chimed in. The melody is beautiful. I love it so much. Then, Anna and Laura did a pretty, German version of Say You Won't Let Go. All of them can play guitar and sing so good. Never did I think I had such talented family members. I knew the Filipino side of me is talented, but the German side. You learn something new every day.

They passed the guitar to us and had play something. Woods starts playing the opening chords to Castle On The Hill. I love that song so much. We begin singing. I harmonize with Woods. When we got to the chorus, our voices rang out and filled the silence of the room. We ended the song. Woods lays the guitar on his lap. Everyone applauds our performance.
"You two are great." Louis said.
"Thanks." I said.
"Yeah, you should release an EP together." Luca said.
"We've thought about it." Woods said.
"We already have a song out." I said.
"Show us." Anna said.

I go to YouTube and to my channel. I scroll to our song and click on it. I hand my phone to them and let them watch through it. They listened carefully. The girls thought it was a cute song. The guys thought it had a great sound to it. Great lyrics, great everything. I take my phone back. I'm glad they like it.

Well, that was my first day in Germany. Was there a surprise that Woods promised? Yes. I'm wondering if there will be more. I want to travel in a group with my cousins and see what locals have to show us. I want to see everything that Berlin has. I want to learn more German. There's a lot in my head that I want to do, but the question is if we have time to do it. It's  up to us and how we time everything. I know we'll see eveything. I don't think my cousins would let me leave until we do. I'm looking forward to it. This is gonna be the best experience of my life. I wonder what's next.

Making Memoriesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें