Chapter 42

*One Year Later*
Woods and I have had another child. This time, a beautiful boy. We've named him Brett Levi Demars. He was born with the most amazing brown eyes, and the tendency to move. He's quite the active kid, even though he's young. This is Brett:

He's amazing, I couldn't of asked for anyone better to come into our lives

He's amazing, I couldn't of asked for anyone better to come into our lives. We make the birth certificate, then take him home. He's then introduced to his older sister Cora. They seem to get along well. Soon, everyone from work comes over to see the new baby. They all love him. I love Brett so much.
"He's such a cute little boy." Sam said.
"Yeah, so adorable." Cat said.
"I love him already." Nicole said.
"I wonder what these kids will look like when they grow up a little. What will they look like as teenagers?" Tanner asks.
"Handsome and beautiful, duh." Woods said.
"Don't get ahead of yourself, buddy." CJ said.
"Oh, I know they'll be attractive. Just take a look at Woods and I." I said.
"Okay." CJ said.
"They will. Both of them have such good genes." Sam said.

That night, both the kids keep us up. Though Cora is already a year old, she's still needy. Woods tends to Brett, and I take care of whatever Cora needs. Then, we switch as Brett needs to be fed and Cora needs to be rocked to sleep. Once they're both back asleep, Woods and I can go back to bed. Knowing this won't last long, we don't really fall asleep. We were awoken by them crying.

By the morning, Woods and I are both too tired for work, but go anyway. We arrive to work with the babies strapped to us. We have to work around having the kids with us.
"You know you guys can take a day off to take care of them." Matt said.
"We never stop working." Woods said.
"Bruh, take a day off. Take care of your babies. See you in a couple months, when they're able to handle one parent at home. You can always work from home." Matt said.
"Okay, let's just go Woods." I said.
"Fine." Woods said.

We turn around, get back into the car, and drive back home. All day, we take care of Brett and Cora. If they're upset and nothing is working, we always use singing to stop them from crying. It always works. To my pleasant surprise, my cousin Coni comes to visit. I let her in.
"Hey, Coni! I haven't seen you since the wedding, how have you been?" I asked.
"Great, oh my god. You have two babies. How did I not know?" Coni asked.
"I mean, have you been keeping up on my Instagram?" I asked.
"I've been too busy with work to look at social media. Could I hold it?" Coni asked.
"Sure. This is Brett, he was born yesterday." I said.
"He's so tiny. So adorable." Coni said.

Woods walks into the living room where Coni and I are catching up. We're laughing over old times. I remember those times in high school where all I wanted to do is be with my crush. Then, it happened. We dated all four years of high school, then had to break up because of college. I haven't talked to him in ages. I wonder if he'd still talk to me. . . That's something to do some researching on.
"Hey, Coni. How you doing?" Woods asked.
"Good, looks like you guys have been keeping busy. Ooo, is that your baby girl? Can I hold her?" Coni asked.
"Yeah." Woods said. He handed Cora to Coni.

We sit in the living room, just catching up on what we've been missing in our lives. Coni finally got a boyfriend. He's a Korean who moved here just last year. She met him at work. His name is Jimin. Coni shows me a picture of him.
"Wait one second. Is that Jimin from BTS. You told me that BTS is overrated, now you're dating one of the members. What?" I asked.
"Well, he stole my heart, now my feelings about BTS are mutual." Coni said.
"Alright then. My cousin's dating a celebrity. That's gonna need some getting used to." I said.
"It's not that big of a deal. We're rarely seen in public." Coni said.
"That's good I guess." I said.

After catching up with Coni, we take her out to dinner. We have to take the babies along. I hope I don't have to breastfeed during dinner. That would be a bit difficult. I would just go to the bathroom to do it. We go to dinner. I get myself a caesar salad with chicken. I want to start eating healthy now that I'm not pregnant anymore. I want to get rid of this baby weight. I know it'll take a while, but I am determined.

We go back home and relax for the rest of the evening.
"Has Jimin taught you to dance?" Woods asked.
"Yess, they taught me how to dance to Idol. Hit it!" Coni exclaimed.
I laugh and play Idol through our speakers. Coni starts dancing in the space behind the couch. I start filming this because this is gold. Coni is breathing heavily by the end of it.
"Jimin also taught me how to dance to Fire." Coni said.
"Ahh, that's dope." I said, with a wink.
"Aye!" Coni said.
I start playing Fire and Coni gets into it right away. She's actually so good. I didn't know she could dance like that. I knew she used to be a ballerina, but I didn't know she could dance hip hop/urban dance. She has many talents, that's for sure.

When Coni is sweating, she falls onto the back of the couch, exhausted from dancing a little too hard to BTS. I didn't think she would ever be the one dancing to this band, but look at her now. She falls asleep on the couch next to Woods and I. Having a new baby, we've been trained to be nocturnal, so Woods and I don't sleep much. We're used to it at this point.