Chapter 32

Chloe begins taking my measurements. This includes my height, wingspan, waistline, and bust. After being measured it was time to describe the type of dress I want.
"Well, to start off I want it in the purest white fabric. Since I am of Filipino heritage, and connect the closest with that half of me, I'd like an element of that in my dress." I begin.
Chloe takes notes on what I'm saying. Then, I continue,
"I'd like it to have 3-inch sleeves. I'd also like to have it poof downward, kind of like. Oh, I don't know how to explain it very well." I said, I look up a picture of what I'm picturing in my head. I was thinking of the following photo:

She takes a look at it and nods her head

She takes a look at it and nods her head. I really like the bottom of that dress. It's truly beautiful. That's the ideal bottom half that I'd like for my dress. Sam and Coni both agreed on that design. Now, it's time to figure out the top half of the dress.
"For the top of the dress I'd like it to have it a little off the shoulder moment, you know? I also want it lacey, but not see through." I said.
"Okay. I think I have all the notes and I'll start designing your dress. I'll keep that Filipino design in mind. I'll get in contact with a few designers in the Philippines and ask what their design process is." Chloe said.
"Thanks so much, Chloe. I can't wait to see it and try it on." I said.
"Oh, it's no problem. This design process will take a few weeks. I'll give you a call when the dress is finished and you can come in to try it on." Chloe said.
"Okay." I said.

I get Chloe's number and we head out of the bridal shop.
"All of this dress shopping has me hungry." I said.
"Yeah, me too. Where we going?" Coni asked.
"Hmm, what about pizza?" Sam asks.
"I'm in the mood for it." I said.
"I don't like pizza that much, too much grease." Coni said.
"Let's find a comprise. We can find a place that serves both pizza and salads." Sam said.
"Coni, would you be okay with that?" I asked.
"Yeah." Coni said.

We go to a restaurant that serves something for everyone in our group. Aw, my first meal back home. Take that back, my parents served Woods and I back at my old house. Anyway, I ordered an 8-inch cheese pizza. Enough for one person. I also got a diet soda. That whole "eating healthier in aulthood" resolution doesn't seem to be working out, is it? Oh, well. It's my life choices, though sooner or later it'll catch up to me.

We finish up eating and it's time to just have some cousin-cousin bonding time. I show Coni around my workplace.
"You work with a bunch of influencers? I never expected this out of you. When you were younger, you always wanted to follow in your mom's footsteps." Coni said.
"Yeah, well the whole teaching thing turned out more stressful than I'd like. Don't get me wrong, I both loved and hated my students. I enjoyed teaching them, but I felt like it was time to move onto bigger things. You know what I mean?" I asked.
"I get it. Your mom made the big move to the US and made a life out of it. Living the total American dream. Thankfully, I got to live that too." Coni said.
"Yeah, exactly. I'm marrying the guy of my dreams. It felt like at first it moved so fast, but I believe in love at first sight. Woods is so, so important to me. He's my whole world." I said.
"Aw, Shelly. I got to see you progress all throughout your high school and college life. You've matured so much. In your freshman year, you would always talk about the many blondes you had crushes on." Coni reminds me.
"Hey, look what ended up happening. . . I ended up with the cutest brunette in the world. Feelings and attractions change often. I proved that to myself real quick." I said.
"It's in human nature to have feelings changes and find someone so attractive that you can't stop thinking about them. Every minute, every hour of the day. Just a picture of him." Coni said.
"I almost forgot you studied psychology for some time in school." I said, laughing.
"Yeah, how else would I tell you all that." Coni laughs along.

Coni and I are sitting in my temporary office, since Hi5 Studios is now going under renovations. Woods comes upstairs from hanging out with Tanner, Gunner, Pat, and Connor filming a Rekt video.
"Hey babe." Woods said, we kiss.
"Aww, my little cousin has found the love of her life. So kawaii desu." Coni said.
"Totemo kawaī." I said with a little giggle.
"What the hell? You know Japanese too?" Woods asked.
"I took a year of Japanese in college." I said.
Woods nods his head. I think he's both impressed and also disappointed in how much little knowledge he has in foreign languages. I mean, he knows what he knows and should be proud of it. He's a talented person in general. Not only can he sing, but also a multi-instrumentalist.
"You know what, I think we can hook you up with someone. . ." Woods said.
"What?" Coni asked.
"I think I know who you're thinking of." Sam said.
"Tanner." Sam and I say in unison.
"Who?" Coni asked.
"My friend's been looking for someone to chill with lately. He hasn't had the best luck, in the nicest way of saying it." Woods said.

You know that awkward moment when you're talking about a certain someone and they just walk in. . .
"Sup homie." Tanner said.
"Uh hi, I'm Coni. They told me I sho-"
"Coni, not now." I say, grabbing her arm.
"Tanner, this is my cousin Coni, from Vegas. She's not really into dating very much, but she does get emotionally attached to movie characters like Aquaman." I said.
"Wow! Thanks for throwing me under the bus like that." Coni said.
"I mean, it's true. Remember when we went to the theater then you had that weird dream." I said.
Tanner covers his hand with his hand and Woods laughs, guessing what her dream might of been.
"Water boy, wet Thor. You know?" I joked.
"Aw, the inside cousin joked we'd had with all the cousins that day. Koi koi was always the one to make the best jokes." Coni said.
"Good days. What's he been up to these days?" I asked.
"He's being a nurse." Coni said.
"Nice. Anyway, so I brought Coni here to meet all my friends who will also be at the wedding. Our wedding is going to be huge! Hopefully everyone can fit in that little church." I said.
"In thinking about Coni getting to know everyone, we were thinking that we'd get two people to really get to know each other." Woods said.
"Don't force feelings bro. We'll become friends, then see where things go, right Coni?" Tanner asked.
"Exactly." Coni said.
"Well, Coni if you're up for it, would you like to stay the night at my apartment? We can chat more privately there." I said.
"Of course. Woods can come too." Coni said.
"You two seem like you have a lot to catch up on. I'll come later. Have some cousin bonding." Woods said.
"Alright." I said.

At the end of the work day, I drive Coni to my apartment. We sit down on my couch and begin catching up and remembering old times.