Chapter 13

After the release of our new song, it instantly got love, which was surprising. Neither Woods or I believed that people would actually like our song. With the release of our new song, Chill Records reached out to us, asking if we wanted to sign to them. That would be amazing. Woods could finally release all his original songs with a record label. We both agreed to sign to Chill Records.

Today, I have my vocal lesson with Catherine. She congratulated me on signing with Chill Records.
"This is only the beginning of your brand new career." Cat said.
"I don't think I want to do music full time. I want time to make videos too, so maybe music would be my side job." I said.
"That's what I do too, it totally works out." Cat said.
"Oh, sounds good." I said.

We begin the lesson. I learned how to do beautiful runs, and not make it sound like crap. I loved how Røze is able to make them sound. I follow her technique and practice over and over. Practice makes perfect, right? The run lesson ends. Cat gives the idea of trying to write my own song. She told me to write down things that are most important to me right now. My list is looking like this:
1. Family
2. Woods
3. Friends
4. My fans
5. Music
6. Travel
"Okay, now that you have a few ideas, let's narrow the list down." Cat said.
"Alright." I said.
"Let's try three things." Cat said.
"Ok." I said. I think about it. I cross out, despite not wanting to, 'my fans', 'travel', and 'music.'
"How about we contribute all your ideas to your lyrics. Now, we figure out what genre of music you'd like to have." Cat said.
"I like the sound of electric guitar. A mix of pop and rock. That stuff is the best." I said, "Like if you took the style of Against The Current, and mixed it with the artist Ruel."
"Could you show me who those people are. I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to newer artists." Cat said.
"Sure thing." I said.

For Against The Current, I show her their songs Voices and Paralyzed. For Ruel, I showed her Dazed & Confused. That song is a bop. Straight up. I also showed her Younger, also by Ruel. After looking at the music videos for all of them, Cat responds;
"I think I understand what your style is. A more chill sound with eletric guitar mixed in. That'll sound amazing. Now, let's get you writing some lyrics." Cat said.

I sit by myself in a quiet room and fill the paper with words that come to mind. I try not to shy away from the list I made, keeping those in mind. After an hour and a half of writing, I finalize the lyrics I really love. I highlight them, then go back downstairs to Røze. I walk into the room and hand her the piece of paper.
"Wow, this is very personal. This feels like you. You write of your hard journey to the big city, a change from the rural town you grew up in. Then, you write of all the friends you made. Shortly after, started dating Woods, and made a living for yourself. I think this is good. Let's get instruments added in. I never written a song this quickly before." Cat said.
"What can I say? I work fast. I know what to say when I'm inspired." I said.

I pick up an electric guitar and start playing some great chords. I mixed major and minor chords, depending on the mood of the lyric at a certain point. The song begins with minor chords because of the hard beginning of moving away from home. I had lived in the same place all my life, and now had to move do to my work situation. Then, it moved into more major chords because I began making amazing friends. I slowed it down for the story of meeting Woods. I made it sound real emotional, as if I had met the love of my life.

I finished the electric guitar bit, then added acoustic guitar accordingly. I had quickly learned how to play bass because I was honestly curious of how it played. Turned out, it's just like guitar, except less, thicker strings. I added a cool bass riff. I found a drum that I liked, and Mike helped me add all of the instrumental. The only thing left to do is sing my song.

I sing through my song, feeling the change in emotion all throughout. I even cry at the end. I finish singing. Mike adds the last touches. All three of us sit there, listening to the final product. I jump up in happiness.
"I did it! I made a song!" I exclaim.
"You did it, girl." Cat said.

I run out of the studio and into the common office. I hug Woods and Sam. I told them the great news. My song will soon be uploaded to my channel. When my song finished uploading, I show both of them. I watch as Sam breaks into tears, and Woods is this close to crying too.
"That was. . . Beautiful. From struggle to success. You have such a way with words." Sam said.
"Thanks. I put my heart and soul into that song." I said.
"You're so talented. More than you know. Your voice has developed so much since the beginning." Woods said.
"Thanks, Woods. I love you." I said. We kiss.

Now this leaves one question: What happens next? I released my first, technically second, but what's the future look like? Will I travel like I've always wanted to? Will Woods and I have a future together? Will I continue working here after my music takes off? Like I told Catherine, I don't want to be known for just my music. I want to be known for my personality, and how I am as a person. I can't wait for what happens next. The future looks bright.