Chapter 41

*9 Months Later*
"Ahhh! Woods, my water just broke! Call an ambulance or take me to the hospital ASAP!" I scream in pain.
"Aw, shit! Okay, you'll be okay." Woods said.

Woods carries me out to the car and sets me down in the passenger seat. He drives as fast as possible to the hospital. Of course, he hits traffic. I'm stuggling to keep this baby from coming out. Woods goes to the carpool lane, though this is illegal, he doesn't care at this point. We get pulled over.
"You know you're speeding and driving in the carpool lane, right?" The officer asks.
"I know, please my wife is in labor. I need to get to the hospital." Woods pleaded.
"Oh, well if that's the case, would you like a police escort?" The officer asks.
"Please." Woods said.

The officer speeds ahead of us and clears the lane for us. Another police car is behind us, making sure nobody else gets behind us. We arrive to the hospital. Woods runs to the front desk, asking for somebody to help.
"My wife is in labor! Somebody help!" Woods exclaimed.
"I'm going to need you to calm down, sure." The lady says.
"Just get somebody to help." Woods said.
"Nurses are on their way." She says.

I'm strapped to a gurney then wheeled to a birthing room. Woods comes into the room.
"Wo-Woods, call my parents. Tell them to get here as soon as possible." I said.
"On it." Woods said.
He called my parents and they said they'd be right there. They had gotten here yesterday, to prepare for my baby's birth. My parents arrive to the hospital and come into the room. My mom squeezes my hand.
"She's almost here, one more push and she'll be here." The midwife says.
"Okay." I said, then scream, feeling my skin rip.

One last push and my beautiful baby is here. A baby girl. She's all I've ever wanted. I hold her in my arms and cry. I kiss the top of her head and begin feeding her. This is what she looks like:

Woods and I agreed to name her Cora Ann Demars

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Woods and I agreed to name her Cora Ann Demars. Our brand new baby is her and she is amazing. I never knew I could love something more. I let my parents hold her. Everyone at work is blowing up my phone, wondering when they get to see the baby. Once I'm stitched up and healed, then I can go show them Cora.

We make Cora's birth certificate, then take her home. I told people at work if they want to see Cora, they'll have to come to me. Right about now, I can barely move. My lower half is in so much pain, but the love of Cora is what gets me through. Also, the support from my family and friends also helps me. Sam is the first to arrive. She comes into the living room and sees Cora. She gushes over Cora, wanting to hold her.
"May I hold her?" Sam asked.
"Sure thing." I said. I hand off Cora to Sam. She looks down at her, baby talking her.

Sam is so adorable with Cora. Soon, Tanner, Gunner, and Robert come in. Tanner turns from a giant to a giant softie.
"Aww, oh my god. She's so cute!" Tanner said.
"Here." Sam said.
Sam hands Cora off to Tanner. Woods told Tanner and everyone else, what her name is. From Tanner, Cora goes to Gunner, then to Robert. He's also very adorable with Cora. Everyone is cute when they hold a baby.

When everyone leaves, I can take a nap while Woods feeds Cora with formula. This momma is tired from hours of giving birth. In the middle of the night, Cora screams, asking for something. I try feeding her. That doesn't work. I try changing her. That doesn't work. I try burping her. Still doesn't work.
"Wait, I've got an idea." Woods said.
"Do it, I'm running out of ideas." I said.
"Singing. A lullaby should do the trick. I've seen other parents do this and it works." Woods said.
"Let's try." I said.

Woods pulls out the guitar and we start with a song we always sang to her while she was still in my belly. It's a slow, sweet song. Woods and I harmonize, just hoping that it would put Cora back to sleep. By the end of the song, Cora closes her eyes. She starts sleeping again. I put her back in her crib, hoping that she'll stay asleep this time. I climb back into bed with Woods.

About thirty minutes later, she starts crying again. This is only the beginning of many sleepless nights. All part of being a parent, right? I find what's wrong. I feed her and she falls asleep. By the morning, Woods and I are beat. I don't feel like going to work, but Woods is going to tough it out. He goes to work and does some of my work too. I fall asleep in the middle of day from getting no sleep last night. I tend to all of Cora's needs. Babys are simple: eat, sleep, cry, poop & pee, repeat.

Woods comes home, kissing me on the cheek.
"How's your day been?" Woods asked.
"Tiring as ever. Cora's been kicking my ass." I said.
"I've fallen asleep a few times while editing. That isn't good." Woods said.
"We'll survive though. I know we will." I said.
"Yeah, I know. This is only the beginning." Woods said.
"What did I miss?" I asked.
"Rekt shoots, vlogging. You know, the usus'." Woods said.
"Fun, what'd you film for Rekt?" I asked.
"Destroying fruit with weapons, just in a special way." Woods said.
"Special as in?" I asked.
"Bowling style." Woods said.
"You guys just keep finding ways to detroy anything and everything." I said.
"It's our specialty." Woods said.

This evening, Woods and I take care of Cora as usual. At the same time, we watch some Netflix. Cora and I have tummy time. This is her favorite thing. Then, as always, we got zero sleep because of Cora. Oh, the life of new parents.

Making Memoriesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें