Chapter 8

After adjusting back into work after that lovely day in Vegas, I got back into it right away. Today, I had a meeting with Matt about business and my first paycheck. We basically talked about all the important things to think about when working at a business surrounding social media. Being in this industry can get tough. People will have their opinions of you, that's just part of life. Matt gave me the great advice of not paying attention to the hate and take breaks. Breaks away from social media is very healthy. Being on the constant grind can drain you and cause burn out. Of course, it hasn't happened to me yet, but I know it is some day. When that day does come, I think I would take a break from this whole city, head back home for a bit. That's the plan anyway.

The meeting ends and I head back to my office to edit a video I filmed previously. It was, of course, my Vegas vlog. The title being: Having the Time of my Life| Vegas Vlog. I had made it into a fun little compilation of all the things Woods and I did. The video turned out amazing and I'm so proud of it. At first, I was hesitant to post it because Woods and I hadn't publicly said we're dating. Not on social media at least. We wanted to keep this between us. Before uploading this, I asked Woods if he was okay with it,
"Hey, I made a compilation of our trip to Vegas. Are you okay with me uploading it?"
"Yeah, of course. As long as you say we're only close friends. I don't want people knowing yet. Let's wait for our six-month anniversary." Woods said.
"Deal. That's a long time." I said.
"I want this to stay between us and Hi5, no one else online needs to know yet. That was the deal when we started dating." Woods said.
"I still agree. I'm not comfy telling people either." I said.
"Yeah, exactly." Woods said.

I finish writing a description and take my thumbnail picture. I make the thumbnail and add it to my video. I put and endcard. Once everything is done, I upload it. Within two hours, people began questioning things between Woods and I. Oh, here we go. I'd hate to lie straight to my subscribers, but it's for the sake of our relationship staying a secret. I respond to as many as I could, making up excuses so they'd leave it alone. Eventually, someone stepped up and said,
"It's their personal life. What they decide to do together is none of our business. Please, leave her alone. She doesn't deserve all these personal questions being asked. It's quite overwhelming if you think about it. If you see this, Shelly: I love your videos so much. You're the best."
I reply saying; "What you said was very mature. I appreciate it. Love you too."
She says; "You're welcome." *smiley face*

Now that everything is situated on that video, I feel a little relief. My subscribers are nice enough to respect my personal life, but some of them are a bit too nosy and want to butt in. I try to ignore those kinds of comments. It's not worth my time. I go into Chill Records and see what's going in. Cat is making a new song. From what I've heard, it's really good. Her voice is really pretty. I wish I had even an ounce of her talent. I decided to ask her to give me some voice lessons and tips.

She told me we'd set up a day every week when both of us are available. Obviously, she's very busy today, so she couldn't teach me at this moment. I decide to leave her to her beautiful music creating, and go hang out with Sam.
"Whatcha doin' Sam?" I asked.
"Some DIY stuff." Sam said, looking up from her project.
"What is it exactly?" I asked.
"This is basically everything I could find in Michael's in two minutes. I have to try and make something out of the things I grabbed." Sam said.
"That's cool. Looks like you're doing pretty good." I said.
"She's always the best at that stuff." Woods added.
"I know, I watch her videos. You're so creative, I love it." I said.
"That's why we're best friends. We share creativity between us. You can write like no other person I've known, and I can DIY like a queen." Sam said with a sassy hair flip.
"Don't get too ahead of yourself." Woods teases.
"Hey!" Sam said.
"You keep working on that, Sam. I want to go learn something that I've always wanted." I said.
"And what exactly would that be?" Woods asked.
"I always wanted to learn guitar. I tried in high school, but gave up too easily. That's one thing I regret back then. Another is chasing and chasing the guys, and not letting them come to me." I said.
"Oh, have fun with that. Remember, don't get too frustrated. I can help you out if you need help." Woods said.
"Thanks. You come come over later. Bring your guitar." I said.
"Will do, boss." Woods said.

I borrow a guitar from Cat. I sit down on the gray couch. I look up a beginner's guide to guitar video on YouTube. Once I got through the basics, practicing each thing I learned so far. I made sure to do it over and over until I finally got it. Woods walks in. I didn't even notice because I was hyperfocused on getting this right.
"Hey, sounds like you're doing pretty good." Woods said.
I play the G chord bad because he had scared me, "Woodland Demars, don't you ever sneak up on me like that."
"Sorry, mom." Woods said.
I giggle, realizing what I said.
"Let's go to your apartment so I could help you get deep into guitar." Woods added.
"Yeah, let me just return this real quick." I said.
"Oh, of course." Woods said.

I put the guitar pack in the recording room. Then, Woods and I go out. I get into my car, he gets into his. I follow him to his house so he could run and get his guitar. He places it on the floorboard of the car, then gets back in. We arrive back at my apartment and the lesson begins. . .