Second chapter

Tris' POV

- Tris wake up!!! - John says. He is my adoptive father.My parents died in a car crash when I was 10, me and my brother, Caleb, survived and were put in orphan care. He got adopted by another family and I haven't known anything about him since then.

My full name is Beatrice Prior but I changed my name when John and his wife, Amelia, adopted me, now I go by Tris Matthews, that is my step parents last name.

I stop daydreaming and get up before John gets mad at me and slap me or something, he is usually calm but he has anger issues and I'm his favorite toy to play with when he's angry.

I take a shower and dress in a black crop top and blue high waisted shorts and sandals, I put a little bit of make up, eyeliner and lip gloss. I grab a muffin form the kitchen and leave the house. I don't even bother to say goodbye anymore, Amelia already left to work and John won't care. I get into my blue Mercedes and leave for my new school.

I arrive and get my schedule and my locker and leave to find it, being me, I get lost so I decide to ask the next person I see. A group of boys and girls are hanging out in the hallway, I approach them and ask for help.

- Oh! - Says a dark skinned girl - You are the new girl!!! I'm Christina by the way and these are Uriah, Marlene Uriah's girlfriend, Zeke who is Uriah's brother, Shauna who is Zeke's girlfriend, Will my boyfriend, and Lynn the loner.- Christina says as she points at everyone in the group as she says their names.

- Hey!! - Exclaims a girl with shaved head. Lynn.

- Well nice to meet you all, I'm Tris, and the fact that Lynn doesn't have a boyfriend doesn't mean she is a loner, just that maybe she hasn't found someone who can be at her level.

- Exactly!! - Says Lynn- Never thought I would say this but I like you Tris.

The rest of the group are wide eyed so I guess she has never said that before or it is pretty weird.

- Well... Moving on - Zeke says- You looker is right here - He points to the one that he was leaning on.

-Thanks!!

Just at that moment a boy comes up to where we are standing and greets the others, He completely ignores me when I trie to shake hands and then make some rude comments, so I just leave, ughhh it's fine if he is not a morning person but he doesn't have the right to treat me like that.

I ask a random guy where my class is and when I get there I sit on a table in the back of the classroom. The class starts to fill up and soon the only empty sit is right beside me, ughh I'm not that bad people!!

Four, the rude guy from earlier sits next to me, now that I can properly look at him, he is quite handsome with deep blue eyes, the next thing really shocks me:

- Sorry for earlier, I shouldn't have judge you before getting to know you - He says.

I am about to tell him that it is OK but in that moment a lady decides to come in.

- Hi class!! My name as you might know is Tori, call me only Tori no Mrs. Wuu. We have a new student, please stand up and introduce yourself.

Wow! She is very enthusiastic!

I introduce myself and stand there awkwardly. I notice all the guys checking me out, well all of them except Four.

Then I heard: - She dresses like a whore -

A deep voice says, Oh my.... How could he!?? What have I done to him? Maybe it is true, john says the exact same thing, maybe I'm just a worthless slut.

- FOUR, DETENTION!! - Tori yells. Four gets up and leaves just as the bell for second period rings.

The rest of the day passes quickly and I find myself texting my new best friend Christina.

C - Hey Trisssss!

T- Hey Chrissss!

C - Wanna go shopping?

ughh this is the third time she has asked.

T- Fine!!!

C- Kk!! meet me at the mall in 40 minutes, and then you can explain why Four has detention.

I turn off my phone and go upstairs to change, I really felt self conscious when Four said those things, ughh I put on skinny jeans, a tank top and a leather jacket, redo my make up and leave to the mall.