Eighteenth chapter

Tris POV

Tobias came to visit at 3:00 and we fell asleep. He sang to me but one phrase got stuck in my head:

"And I wasn't exactly selfless, I couldn't let you go..."

My parents taught us to be selfless, but I was selfish because I couldn't and wouldn't let go of the people I love, I need them to much for that.

I woke up coughing violently. It's 4:00 pm. I only slept one hour. I coughed again and Tobias woke up, startled at first. I was trembling, I felt cold.

Tobias noticed my shaking and put a hand on my forehead. His eyes widened.

- Tris - He whispered - You are burning up!

- Of course I am!!! I'm hot! - I said, trying to lighten the mood.

- You are burning up in fever!! - He stands up and walks out of the room just to come back a minute later with a wet rag. He put in on my forehead and hands me some pills.

- Thanks - I said. The tremble lessened but I wasn't feeling better.

- Ah! - Tobias exclaimed as if he had remembered something. - I brought you your homework. - He handed me some papers.

- Thanks.

We started doing our homework and by the time we finished it was 6:00 pm.

- I almost forgot - Tobias said. - Mmm My father wants to meet you.

- Oh - That caught me by surprise - OK, when?

- This weekend - He didn't seem to agree with that.

- Is something wrong?

- I don't trust him, Tris.

- Why? - He started to take off his shirt. This is getting weird.

- What are you...- But I interrupted myself mid sentence. His back was facing me. Thousands of scars covered every inch of his back.

- What happened to you? - I asked, on the verge of tears.

- My father.... He used to beat me. He stopped a month ago, when you came. - He lowered his head, ashamed.

We stayed in silence for a long time until he broke it.

- Say something, you are not giving me that look.

- I'm sorry you had to go through that, you are not helpless, you are brave.

He just hugged me. We stayed like that until his phone started ringing.

- Hello? - He said. - Emm yeah OK. - He hung up.

- Uriah said that we go to YouTube and look for a video named : The Pansycakes.

We did as we were told and watched it:

In the video you could see Uriah "singing"  with the rhythm of "What's my name" by rihanna

" Oh nana Pansycakes! Oh nana Pansycakes!"

Then Zeke appears wearing a tight pink T-shirt that says : Diva!.

- Throw me the water!! - He said with a hand on his hip and examining his nails.

Uriah comes with a bucket of water but instead of just throwing the water he end up throwing the bucket at Zeke's head, knocking him out.

- Hope you feel better Trissy!!

And with that the video ended. I comment on the video saying: I think I feel worse than before.

With that I shut down the computer and turned to talked to Tobias but found that I was alone in the room. I went downstairs and found him on the kitchen.

- Here - He said once he saw me. - I made us dinner.

He put the plates on the table and we sat down. He made spaghetti and it was delicious!! I ate two plates!

- Wow! Someone is hungry - He said, teasing.

- Well I haven't eaten since yesterday at lunch - I answered. He frowned.

- Tris, baby, you need to eat - He said with a strict voice. I nodded.

- You should go, I will see you at school tomorrow.

- OK - I walked him to the door and he leaned in for a Kiss. I turned my face so he ended up kissing my cheek. He got in his car and drove away.

I took my medicine hoping that tomorrow I would feel better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day I dress in a pink sweater and black skinny jeans with boots. I have a muffin for breakfast and left to school. Mrs. Wuu didn't come so Tobias and I spend that free period talking and kissing. Next was Music but I didn't sing since I was still sick. Then I headed to science with Mrs. Mathews, what a coincidence.

- Today - She started - We are going to test serums.

The whole class groaned, my partner, who was Will, whispered in my ear.

- This serums are dangerous, 2 months or so ago, the teacher gave this serum to a student and he started jumping and singing and dancing like a ballerina, he seemed high! He was worst than Uriah!, It was peace serum or something like that.

- Wow - Was all I said.

- You, Blondie - The teacher called, pointing at me. - Since you are new, we are going to test this new serum with you.

I walked to the front, everyone was staring at me with scared faces. The teacher injected me and the whole scenario changed.

I was in a field, the grass went up to my knees, I started walking around trying to find something or someone, how did I get here?

Suddenly, a black thing descended from the sky, landing on my back. Crows. Hundreds came towards me and I couldn't shake them off. I was starting to panic, they wouldn't let go of me. I started screaming.

- HELP!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!

I was fully crying by now. Why was this happening to me? I kept screaming until I heard a familiar voice calling my name.

- Tris, Tris wake up! Is not real! Is not real!

Is not real.

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in the science classroom. Everyone was staring at me with wide eyes. Even Mrs. Matthews!. Will was the one calling me.

- Tris are you OK? - He said, standing over me. I was laying on the floor.

I tried to speak but I was still shaken up, I was still crying, I could still feel their feathers on my skin, their claws. The last thing I saw was Will's worried face before I blacked out.