Sixty Eight chapter

Sorry for not updating guys but I've been depressed, you may or not care about it but I am just letting you know, enjoy the chapter and tell me what you think!

📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕📕

Tris' POV

- Look Tris, we had a big fight at the airport because of that best friend of yours - Tobias added for the sake of our friends - and I told you to never call me again...

- I remember that - I interrupt him.

- But we don't, continue Four - Christina says with a move of her hand towards Tobias.

He clears his throat, suddenly uncomfortable with all the eyes on him, but keeps going anyway.

- I arrived back "home", with Evelyn, just to find Zeke there who had enrolled himself and Shauna in the same university I was going. Yeah well I called her and a guy answered the phone yelling at her to get dressed, I reacted bad and tried to forget her.

At that everybody gasps, even Lynn, who is not into gossip.

- One day at lunch this girl Laurent approached me and ask me to help her to do a homework, I accepted and we started hanging out, she liked the same things that I like so we got along pretty well... Until I discovered it was all a lie, she was just pretending. - He stops and pass a hand through his messy hair - She came to I and Zeke's dorm and we made a deal...

- What kind of deal!? - Christina asks, eager to know. We all shoot her a look and she shrinks on her spot beside Will.

- Errmm... She ask me to kiss her - At this I gasp, and the rest soon follow me - To feel the spark between us and if I didn't feel it I wouldn't have to see her again. I agreed just to get rid of her and out of curiosity and hurt because of my fight with Tris. I kissed her and in that moment you - He points at me - appeared out of the blue. You ran out and I went home, crying and feeling extremely guilty, just to receive a phone call telling me that you were on a plane crash.

Nobody looks surprised, the probably knew, I mean, Will told Christina, Zeke or Shauna probably told the rest.

I notice that everyone is staring at me.

- What? - I ask. They look at me as if I was crazy, which I think I am...

- What do you think about... What Four just said..? - Zeke asks in a cautious tone.

- Well, I just have one thing to say... Really, Four!? Really!? - I yell. He lowers his head and mutters something.

- What was that? - I ask.

- I knew I shouldn't have told you - is his answer.

- I am not mad about what you just told me - Everyone looks at me with incredulity - Well, maybe just a little... But the point is that all the fights we had because of that, you lying about my memories, all this waiting, just because you kissed another girl!?? Yeah I am mad and hurt but it hurts more that you hide it from me, knowing I was struggling to get my memories back, that hurt more than the actual cheating thing.

And with that I stand up and exit the room, wiping the tears from my eyes. The main room when the dance was being held is now empty.

I hear my friends coming after me but I pay them no mind, because right in front of me there is someone blocking the only exit.

The guy I've been stressing over this whole time.

He was here, but he shouldn't be. What happened to him? why is he smiling like that? an evil smile.

What is he doing? why is he pointing that gun at me, at us?

That guy with the evil glint in his eyes.

The guy I thought I now knew. But I don't

Caleb.

And he wasn't alone.

Right behind him were standing Caleb's step parents and my step parents. Fortunately, the were disarmed.

- Surprise! - A voice says, and I make out a woman shaped figure standing behind my supposedly family.

- Who are you? - Shauna asks, stepping forward. Immediately  Caleb points his gun towards her with robotic moves.

- Caleb, what are you doing!? - I yell. His grip on the gun seems to falter but he grips it tightly again.

I notice someone beside me and a hand touches my lower back. Tobias.

Caleb points the weapon at him but I step in front. Tobias moves me to the side.

We were so focused on Caleb's moves that we didn't notice that the person at the end had moved to a position where we could recognize her.

- Mrs. Matthews? - Her? Jeanine. Our biology teacher. What the....?

- Call me Jeanine - She says, smirking, an evil smile.

- Wow, wow, wow. For the greenies' sake, what it's going on? - Someone says. Zeke, of course.

- Well, I need help with testing some serums - She says.

- Just that!? Why is that guy pointing a freaking gun at us!? - This time Uriah is the one to talk.

- Because I wanted to make sure the person I need would cooperate.

- Who? - I ask. She looks at me, studying me.

- You.

I stop breathing and Tobias tightens his grip on me.

- Me? Why me?

She thinks for a moment and starts pacing, suddenly she stops, then resumes her pacing.

- You are special - She says. She stops and faces us - They call it Divergent.