Sixty Second chapter

Tris' POV

I couldn't believe it. He left, just like that, he left me here because he couldn't bear the truth, the truth is that he is lying to me!!

If all those sweet (almost sweet) things that he said to me were true, then why did he lie to me?

I am shaking, not because of the cold but because of anger.

He cannot just leave me here! I have the right to know!

With that thought in mind I stand up and go upstair, I go to his room where I know he will be.

I don't even bother to knock, I just barge in.

-ouch! - A voice exclaims, Tobias' voice. I go inside just to find him on the floor rubbing the back of his head, I think I hit him with the door.

I feel a pang of guilt but it soon disappears when I remember what did I come here for.

- Tobias Eaton, I think... Wait no, scratch that, I know I deserve an explanation. - I say in the most serious tone I have ever used.

- About...? - He says, looking innocent while rubbing the back of his neck, a nervous tic.

- Don't you dare to lie to me again! You know what I am talking about!!! - I say, finally losing my patience.

He lowers his head in what I think is shame and sighs.

- Please, tell me what are you talking about - He says.

- You know! - I insists, my face red.

- I don't!

- You do!!

- If I did I wouldn't be asking!! - He says in as a matter of fact tone.

- If you didn't you wouldn't try to avoid the topic! - I counterattack.

He stands up and sits on his bed putting his hands on his face, a thing he seems to be doing a lot lately.

- Why don't we put music? Music brings happiness.

He reaches out for his recorder and turns it on, a sweet melody starts playing.

Wanna be your setting lotion
(Wanna be)
Hold your hair in deep devotion
(How deep?)
At least as deep as the pacific ocean...
I just wanna be yours.

I stare at him in incredulity while he starts singing, more like slurring the words.

Secrets I have held in my heart
Are harder to hide than I thought
maybe I just wanna be yours...

I look at him trying to decipher what the heck is wrong with him. Is he drunk or something? Why is he singing Arctic Monkeys? they are good and all but this is not the right time to do it!

- Tobias - I say, getting his attention and stopping that awful sound coming out of his mouth, I remember that he was a good singer, what changed in one year? - Are you drunk?

He looks at me and then smirks.

- Only if you want me to be, baby - He says with a wink.

- What's wrong with you!?? You are freaking me out, are you high? - I ask, desperate.

He let out a groan and then a sob.

I slowly back away from the room.

I am about to go out when Tobias stops me.

- Wait! - He says, suddenly desperate, he seems to be on the verge of tears - I'll...I'll tell you, just please, don't go.

I walk towards him and fold my arms over my chest.

- Now tell me.

He sighs, not knowing where to begin.

- What do you know?

- Look, the only thing I know is that for some reason you lied to me about something that happened in the two weeks I can't remember so start talking.

He stays silent then subtly shakes his head.

- I deserve to know.

He refuses to speak, to make a sound.

- Those are my memories, Four!! - I say.

- Don't use that name as a weapon! - He yells.

- Then tell me!!!

- Ughhh, let's make a deal - He says, then stands in front of me, his sweet breathing hitting my face.

- What kind of deal?- I ask, tired of fighting.

- I will tell you the truth, everything, every single detail about those two weeks, well, the ones that I know that happened.

- OK - I immediately say.

- But - There's always a but - I will tell at the senior meeting.

- What....?

- I will tell you at Divergent high.

I ponder my options.

- Good enough for me - I say.

Tobias looks at me, then at both sides and then again at me. He starts shaking and out of the blue he kisses me.

I jump with a gasp and he grabs my arm, drags me out of his room and closes the door.

I touch my lips.

I am mad at him for lying to me but, I can't deny that I still love him and that...

His kisses drive me crazy.